2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

10G Civic launch (First impressions)

25K views 158 replies 51 participants last post by  Arsenal 
#1 ·
I know quite a few people on here have been invited to local dealerships for the 10G civic launch in February (myself included). I thought it would be good to have a thread just to compare initial impressions and answer any questions that may have been ambiguous prior to the launch.
So, who's been invited then?:grin2:

#2 ·
Here in Holland it was last Saturday by my local dealership,

I thought before I went I didn't liked it. But in real it is okay... I need to get used to the new look. After a hour walking around it I quite liked it. Only thing that's negative are the magicseats, the glass roof (no more roof racks) and the buttons on the steering wheel(cheapish) I really like the exhausts [emoji106]

Some pictures of last Saturday:

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

#56 ·
Here in Holland it was last Saturday by my local dealership,

I thought before I went I didn't liked it. But in real it is okay... I need to get used to the new look. After a hour walking around it I quite liked it. Only thing that's negative are the magicseats, the glass roof (no more roof racks) and the buttons on the steering wheel(cheapish) I really like the exhausts [emoji106]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Thank you for the photos. This is my next car! I'm going to get sport or maybe sport+ if it is affordable here in Macedonia.

#6 · (Edited)
Anyone else that gets to see the Europe spec car, can they check the following please?

1) The rear door card on the US hatch is mostly hard plastic compared to the nicely trimmed front door cards (for cost cutting). Is it the same on European models?

2) Undamped and unlined glovebox. So far, only Malaysia saloon gets a damped (gas strut) glovebox. Will Europe spec get a damped glovebox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#49 ·
Anyone else that gets to see the Europe spec car, can they check the following please?

1) The rear door card on the US hatch is mostly hard plastic compared to the nicely trimmed front door cards (for cost cutting). Is it the same on European models?

sounds like a VW golf.

#10 ·
Hello everyone,

I registered to show you the images I took in the presentation of the Civic 10 in Valencia (Spain) on December 28.

There is a photo showing the steering wheel buttons. There are people who say the same thing as @Xa4cornelis (the buttons are cheap). But I like it, and there are the buttons for all Honda cars in the near future (including the new US CR-V).

To @Vti07. I saw the glovebox, and It was lined and damped.

#16 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I registered to show you the images I took in the presentation of the Civic 10 in Valencia (Spain) on December 28.

There is a photo showing the steering wheel buttons. There are people who say the same thing as @Xa4cornelis (the buttons are cheap). But I like it, and there are the buttons for all Honda cars in the near future (including the new US CR-V).

To @Vti07. I saw the glovebox, and It was lined and damped.

Thanks for checking. It's very much appreciated.

The attention to detail (or lack of) can make or break a potential purchase.

#17 ·
Now that the headunit seems sorted (from crashing) my main concern now is CVT. I'll need to test drive it and wait for the real owner reviews here.

I'm also interested in exactly how the electronic handbrake works as I refuse to sit stationary with my foot on the brake pedal, bad driving.

I've yet to see a good CVT review on any car. They may be OK round town but dual carriageway acceleration can apparently be a very noisy and unrefined experience.

Autocar advise to avoid the Jazz CVT for example.

#18 · (Edited)
The "brake hold" button eliminates the need to have the foot on the brake in stop / start traffic. When activated, the brakes automatically engage when you come to a complete stop. Once you press the accelerator, the brakes automatically release. The brake hold feature needs to be re-enabled for each trip. I'd say the brake lights would be illuminated whilst the foot brake is electronically activated in "brake hold" mode. Have tried this feature in the HRV and thought it was convenient.

Also IIRC for starting on new journeys, as long as the driver seatbelt is engaged, pressing on the accelerator will automatically release the parking brake, assuming the transmission is in gear.

#22 · (Edited)
The 1.8L NA engine is available as a base model 10G Saloon variant in some countries. The UK 10G Hatchback engine options are 1L turbo, 1.5L turbo and (expected) diesel.

The 10G hatch will also be manufactured in Thailand alongside the Saloon, for Australia, New Zealand markets (probably for Asian markets as well) as it should then be sold at a more competitive price in those countries. The Thai hatch is expected to have the 1.8L NA engine as the base model.

#27 ·
I wonder what the spec difference is between EX w/Tech pack and the Prestige (Apart from more powerful Engine). Is the prestige the new 'Top of the range'? I guess it's the equivalent of the USDM 'Touring' models, just different badge for UK.

#28 · (Edited)
I am not sure how EX translates to mainland trims. Overhere it goes:
1. 1.0 turbo
S -> Comfort -> Elegance -> Executive -> Executive Premium
Executive is similar to sport plus (see below).
Executive premium adds (on top of what Executive offers) leather seats, heated rear seats and
wireless charging.

2. 1.5 turbo
Sport -> Sport plus -> Prestige
Sport is Elegance + LED headlights + LED fog lights + central exhaust
Sport plus adds 11 speakers, Adjustable dampers, Day/night rear mirror, Wireless charging, Smart (keyless) entry & start, Blind spot monitor & parking assistant

#29 ·
A quick Google search has yielded this dealer (Listers) who have already listed each of the 10Gs on their website with full details of every trim.

New Honda Civic for Sale - Listers

The page also shows 9Gs, but if you sort by Most Recent it puts all the 10Gs at the top.

There seem to be more 1.0 models - is that engine going to be positioned as the main engine? There is even a 1.0 EX with leather interior and all the toys.

#32 ·
The higher residuals should mean lower monthly payments for those on PCP and lease (in theory).

Looking at the pricing, the 9G SR (1.8 manual) is £23,365. The 10G EX (1.0 manual) with tech Pack is £23,640 - so almost the same.

I didn't realise that the 1.0 is the replacement for the current 1.8. I had assumed it was the 1.5 replacing 1.8 and 1.0 replacing 1.4.

It appears that the 1.5 is reserved for the sport and prestige models.

The link below (from Oct 2015) features a review of the 1.0 - installed in a 9G test car at the time:
http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/honda/civic-type-r/10-i-vtec/first-drive

#35 ·
Turbo? Timing belt? I wonder if it will be as reliable as a 1.8 - we'll have to wait and see...
Very true - the 1.8 is a proven engine now. I always felt reassured by the fact it has a chain rather than a timing belt. Let's hope things work out as well for the new turbo engines.

I'm going to stick with my 1.8 for a while yet as she has only just clicked over 16k. A 10G 1.0 EX manual will probably be my next car in 1-2years though.

#42 ·
I wasn't aware of this IS250 variant.

I see that Lexus have gone back to torque converter for this model, good move.

Also, the latest Which? mag car reviews has started publishing what type of auto gerabox, if available, each car has.
This is presumably because DSG and CVT is proving unpopular with some buyers.
Useful info as I didn't realise that Mazda have stuck with torque converter boxes. That's put the Mazda 3 on my next contenders list, along with the 1 Series, especially as the SatNav is on top of the dash where it should be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.