I found the alarm indicator LED useless like it is hidden in the instruments panel. No way you can see it from outside.
My sollution was to use the side mirror LED indicators, also as alarm indicator.
- Makes the Alarm LED realy visible
- Scares burglers
- Makes the car visible when parked in the dark
- Includes also dimmed side indicators during driving.
- My circuit consumes only 30mA during LED activation
- No electrical contact with car electronics ( use of optical sensor near the original alarm LED, at the back of the instruments)
Will post a how to soon here. Unfortunately it will require some serious skills in electronics.
Here is a movie what to expect: