2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Mudguards - do they look OK and are they effective?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Helmigurt 
#1 ·
Mudguards usually spoil the look of a car but I noticed the Civic ones look quite discrete but I've only seen a small picture. Do they look OK or do they spoil the look of the car?

Being quite small, how effective are they?

Are they easy to fit and is any drilling required?

This is to go on a 2016 car so don't fancy putting holes in it.

Thanks

#2 ·
I've always had them. They do protect the paint in the area where you normally see the unsightly dirt trail.

Mine were fitted by the dealer from new so I can't help with fitting.

There are a few pictures in 'my garage' but none are aimed at the flaps.

#4 ·
Living in a rural area, the roads get covered in mud from tractors coming off the fields so I fitted the OEM mudflaps (got them from Cox's). It's hard to say if they make a huge difference, but they can't hinder.
I think they look OK as they are quite subtle and match the plastic wheel arches. Fitting is a few minuite job with the wheels on. No drilling is needed. All I would say is that the rear flaps don't locate as reassuringly as the front ones. That being said, they haven't moved in the six months they've been on.

#11 ·
Living in a rural area, the roads get covered in mud from tractors coming off the fields so I fitted the OEM mudflaps (got them from Cox's). It's hard to say if they make a huge difference, but they can't hinder.

I think they look OK as they are quite subtle and match the plastic wheel arches. Fitting is a few minuite job with the wheels on. No drilling is needed. All I would say is that the rear flaps don't locate as reassuringly as the front ones. That being said, they haven't moved in the six months they've been on.

Why Honda can't introduce colour matched mudguards I don't know. They'd sell better and look better on those models they bring out with already painted wheel arches like mine. It's only coloured plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I got the mud guards for all my cars and fitted them myself. Take a look at this video below and I am sure you would be able to get it done yourself. No drilling is required because the car plastic is soft and a little pre-hole (covered) is there already on the car.

Cheers,
M

#14 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I've ordered and now received and they do look OK and the instructions look pretty straightforward.

After poking around the wheel arches was rather surprised to see the rear arches 'carpeted'. Also, on the RHS where the exhaust is, the instructions tell you to poke your arm into the cavity where the wheel arch carpet is and found there's a pocket full of mud. The cars only two months old so I can see that getting pretty clogged up over time.

#17 ·
I have fitted them, but don't have any pictures just yet.

They were easy to fit and follow the contours of the existing trim very well and so are very discrete and look very neat. Much better than the old fashioned flaps that you used to get that look like hanging door mats.

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.