2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Confused if it is missing service history or not

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  pkreli 
#1 ·
Hi,

New here - I am buying a Honda approved used car from a Honda dealer. Service book is not stamped but I have been promised all is verified and they will have it stamped. Checking the computerised service logs, the 3rd service is not on main Honda central records. I insisted on seeing full service history and they said they were able to trace it all on their 'Intranet' even though the last service record was missing on the Honda UK's central records and sent me screenshot of all service records from this Intranet. I asked where it was serviced and checked with the servicing dealer myself who checked their own records and confirmed that it was indeed serviced annually with them and is recorded on their system - date / mileage tally with what I was given. They couldn't explain why the 3rd servicing record was missing from main Honda records - said possibly due to system glitch at the time. They said they couldn't update the missing entry on the Honda's central records but said Honda UK may be able to help. Does this all sound plausible and should I go forward with the deal ?

Many thanks

#2 ·
You're right to be concerned.

We have many threads where warranty work has been carried out long after the normal 3 years because there is a full Honda service history in place which includes the corrosion checks.

If they can't prove it to your satisfaction then think twice.

Whenever mine is serviced I check the stamp in the book before I drive away.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I checked directly with Honda UK who wrote to me that they checked with the servicing dealer and got confirmation that they have record of servicing the car every year as per schedule. Honda UK said they were unable to update the record from their side but confirmed everything is ok if service book is stamped and the dealership has the record of the servicing done. So I have now bought the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.