2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Type R Black Edition now coming to UK

10K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  richy w 
#1 ·
UK to now get Type R Black Edition (only available on last 100 made so could be a real collector's item):

Have to say, whilst I'm not keen on the exterior, the interior looks far classier than the standard car in my opinion. Type R should never have had those red seats from the start by the looks of things as this looks far nicer inside:

See less See more
1 1
#4 · (Edited)
I agree from the outside is hate or love it. But than european model have red side mirrors as well, yours only red wing. Why they skipped red side mirrors for UK, it's somehow wrong red wing only.

I love my mirrors and black seats. Red seats were too bright red for my 99% sunshine summer and spring time. They would be too much in your face around here.
Show off :grin2:
What a amazing bit of Road, with an equally stunning view!

As for a extra red, I don't mind it. Not alternating the set-up or adding power is wise choice, as it would upset all the owners of the 'standard' FK2 who brought their car as the ultimate Civic.

Ford to that all the time. Eg "This is our new RS, the ultimate fastest Focus ever".. then a month later.. "this is our new RS500 the ultimate Focus".. same as before but with a bit more power and a larger price tag.
Ford have been known to 'detune' performance cars to allow them to sell you it again for more at a later date, all the same bits, but with an extra percent of power.

#6 · (Edited)
Agree on both of you. @Sherrec thanks. this is end of september just after my delivery.
Waiting spring and summer for some nicer photos of my fk2 because delivery date was 19 of september -> autumn -> winter -> uglier scenery. And the scenery around my area is pretty nice as is on the photo. I will show with time. :)
This nice long straight is just 2 mile away from my town and even better on my way to my village. Don't tell the cops but I do 240km/h on it (I enter it from the west side with only 90-95km/h). I believe it's 0.7 miles long (piece of heaven). Always zero traffic (as shown). Cheers friends.
43.196373, 24.696733

#12 ·
I love the red seats and to me they scream type R, I also really like the ones above, but to me It's not enough to class it as a final run limited edition.

A limited edition they could of, added a new colour, or even saved the Cw colour for this final run, added more power, track version, complete interior overhaul, approached mugen,
This car was meant to be their "game changer" bringing the type R forward, the few yrs of marketing building up to it's release and they end it with an afterthought, Honda have been lazy here and they know it

#16 ·
shame you cant get the red air vent trims. i kinda like the look of them, even if they are a bit out of focus. Pictures above make it look like they're anodised aluminium rather than plastic

#24 ·
i've not seen them available online yet, but i think they're far more elegant than the big red air vent covers currently available. keep us updated on price&availability if you do find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.