Selling Privately? - Civinfo

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2017, 13:24 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: CW CTR
Selling Privately?

Hi All,

As some of you know me and my car have a love hate relationship, its been great recently to be fair but getting to a point I cant justify running it to work only, (my base was relocated not long after I got the car).

I was wondering if anyone, except from Loxy has managed to privately sell, or sell back to a dealer.

At this minute I am just seeing what my options are but I am 90% sure enough is enough. I must be getting old

Thanks
Loxy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2017, 13:55
regrets his username

Car: 1.6 focus RS
Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,182 Posts
It depends if you want a quick sale, some dealers are selling these for around the 22-24k mark offering finance which will be more appealing.
There's a 15 plate on eBay selling privately for 27k, I can't see that happening personally, Loxy sold his at the right time, the loss is what's keeping me from selling up
Thanks to dweezle from:
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2017, 16:43
Supporter

I got mine from a private seller so it is possible. I had just sold my FD2 and the FK2 came up for sale at a good price with under 3000 miles and 3 months old.

Thing is how many people will be after one with the means to purchase? and not have a car to p/x
My deal fell into place nicely.
Have a go at it you never know.....Or just keep it for those special rides

T.G.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 4th February 2017, 12:30
Deluded FK2 Owner

Car: 2015 CTR, Milano Red
Garage
Honestly, your best bet is to probably just part-ex it for something more suitable for your needs- let the dealership worry about flogging it. That said, I would personally keep it. Production has ended, more and more are getting crashed/ vandalised so I doubt they'll depreciate as much as the EP3/ FN2 purely because of the rarity (and generally, people who are into car appreciate just what a capable weapon it is). It might be better to just have it as a weekend car and get a small cheap run-around for commuting. All depends on your finances, but I'm of the same sort of opinion- just wasting money sitting in traffic every morning. However, I'm gonna get a motorbike for the trip to work and keep the R because, well, you know.
Keep us posted though!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 4th February 2017, 12:32
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: CRV EX / CRZ GT
Thanked 1,133 Times in 955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
It depends if you want a quick sale, some dealers are selling these for around the 22-24k mark offering finance which will be more appealing.
There's a 15 plate on eBay selling privately for 27k, I can't see that happening personally, Loxy sold his at the right time, the loss is what's keeping me from selling up

Shocked at this I thought you really loved the car or is it a case that once the novelty wears off and with the ride etc you just would prefer something cheaper and more practical?
veehexx likes this.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 4th February 2017, 15:04
GC

Car: 2016 FK2R - Crystal Black
Not directed at me but for me I think the novelty would wear off no matter what car I got. After all, once the initial excitement wears off it's just a car stuck in traffic with the rest.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 4th February 2017, 15:11
regrets his username

Car: 1.6 focus RS
Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,182 Posts
My mood swings are just me being me,
But It is an odd one, I really do like owning it, I really like driving it, it makes me smile, I get over 2wks from a tank, I enjoy the attention
BUT there's always been a niggle, I'm only using it for work commute (36miles a day 4 days a wk) It sits from Thursday night till Monday morning it's doing the same job I was doing in my old runabout (that niggle has been there since the 1st few mths).

Everything had magnified quite a bit over Xmas, to the point where I discussed selling up. I've needed a vehicle for DIY stuff, I've missed out on money making collection only bargains, I'm fed up of renting vans to do stuff, so I did the silly thing of looking at the cost of a Mitsubishi l200 & a Dc5 runaround & it hit me that I could of easily purchased both for what I paid on the FK2, I shouldn't of looked as it really didn't help things.

The massive price drop has also peed me off a bit, & I blame Honda on that, they've purposely played it in favour of the 10g R.

Forums being quiet oddly has an effect, mod wise (the lack of) means near every car is/will be near identical, I'm really struggling to put my own mark on the car.

Even though I've just spouted the above miserable pety complaints I'm in the middle of getting it a personalised plate & considering the mugen front, I might finally open my Marty exhaust box up

I think I fall in to the group of the ones that have sold up so soon, I totally understand why owners have done it, but I'm to stubborn to let the car go at a ridiculous price so soon, I reckon we'll see these up below the 20k by summer

Last edited by dweezle; 4th February 2017 at 15:15.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 4th February 2017, 16:30
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: CRV EX / CRZ GT
Thanked 1,133 Times in 955 Posts
I had a quick look today and used approved Honda for no doubts you will haggle a 1 year old or less with 5k on the click you will get a GT for 26k all day and if you haggle well this will be 25k. The thing is you always loose money on cars and shed loads on new cars so I guess it's life but for sure if I was buying I would not buy one that has been messed about with so a stock car for me has more appeal
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 4th February 2017, 17:00
Supporter

Car: 2015 CTR FK2
Garage
if your in it to keep/make money, you've bought the wrong car :P
depreciation isnt a concern for me as i intend to keep mine for many more years.

at the risk of taking things OT, i'm having hope that the 10gen will bring more mods to it; from what i've seen everything points to it using the K20C1. they'll be more marketshare so depending on exactly what it is, it should fit ours too (ECU's, possibly turbo's, engine internals). I've no intention to go big power and i typically keep cars looking standard too.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 4th February 2017, 18:24
Deluded FK2 Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
if your in it to keep/make money, you've bought the wrong car :P
depreciation isnt a concern for me as i intend to keep mine for many more years.

at the risk of taking things OT, i'm having hope that the 10gen will bring more mods to it; from what i've seen everything points to it using the K20C1. they'll be more marketshare so depending on exactly what it is, it should fit ours too (ECU's, possibly turbo's, engine internals). I've no intention to go big power and i typically keep cars looking standard too.
It's only really classic cars brought 2nd hand that appreciate anyway haha. A car needs the chance to develop a cult following before people starting wanting it 15/20 years down the line- so you're right in saying that anybody buying the FK2 now as an investment is looking at the wrong car!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 4th February 2017, 19:35
Supporter

Car: 2007 Type R, Alabaster
at the risk of taking things OT, i'm having hope that the 10gen will bring more mods to it; from what i've seen everything points to it using the K20C1. they'll be more marketshare so depending on exactly what it is, it should fit ours too (ECU's, possibly turbo's, engine internals). I've no intention to go big power and i typically keep cars looking standard too.[/QUOTE]

With the 10g CTR being realesed in the USA I would imagine there will be a boat load of mods for it.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 7th February 2017, 21:22
Cigar Chomper

Car: F30 330d xDrive LCI
Thanked 1,475 Times in 1,059 Posts
Eco display
I've been told the ECU is different on the new car, so that really screws 9G owners on future remapping options if you are holding out for Flashpro.

Back OT, ask for a part-ex price, just for your own sanity, then put it on Autotrader for the price you will accept. Put the phone down on the silly offers and forget them, chancers.

It will sell, it's still under warranty and they are now in the price bracket where people can get personal loans, as over £26k some people will struggle to be accepted.

I got £4.5k more than part ex price, but I also approached the dealer I bought it from and they were prepared to buy it back for more but still not a match for what I got for it in the end.

Good luck, worst part about owning cars is selling them.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 8th February 2017, 12:04 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

To keep you updated, I have done a few online valuations and they are scary, I reached out to "Type R World" Basically Eastern Western Honda and before actually seeing the car they have offered a sum I would be happy at but don't get me wrong I am loosing a lot, I learned that a large deposit on this type of car is just a waste of money (maybe not, if you kept it the duration)I am looking to recover a couple grand from the offer and cut my loses, I have retained my private plate after it only being on the car 1 week lol, so i think that means its gone when my new old v5 comes in.

I just cant justify the mileage going to work and the car isnt designed for motorway, i dont notice the rough drive or that but it should be on country roads/track and personally, I don't want to be that guy who sits and stacks miles onto this type of car.

As Vee says it was the niggles at the start, the squeaky clutch, the 2 tyres in a few months the 2 more tyres a few months later, the early service, the second service coming up, the stonechips on the arches, the stone chips on the bonnet and black trim, the wheels that love kerbs () the faulty software at the start, guessing these things just got to me over time.

It is fun and still puts a smile on my face but it is what it is and its time to move on.

Cheers for the help and advice.
dweezle likes this.
Thank You to Martin L from 2 Users:
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12th February 2017, 16:45 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Traded in for £23500. I lost about 3.5g in 9 months got back 2500 of a 6k deposit. Using that to get to Australia this year and bought a 16 plate 308 gt line diesel. Gettin a puggit is new to me but nice looking car diesel with some nice toys. Should eat the miles up nicely. It was a fun 9 months but new chapter starts Tuesday. If I do get another in a few year it will be a blue one. Take care all and good luck with your future decisions.
dweezle likes this.
Thanks to Martin L from:
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12th February 2017, 17:01
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 3,716 Times in 3,425 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
sorry to hear you've sold up. U hope the Pug serves you well.
Martin L likes this.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 13th February 2017, 09:17
Deluded FK2 Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin L View Post
Traded in for £23500. I lost about 3.5g in 9 months got back 2500 of a 6k deposit. Using that to get to Australia this year and bought a 16 plate 308 gt line diesel. Gettin a puggit is new to me but nice looking car diesel with some nice toys. Should eat the miles up nicely. It was a fun 9 months but new chapter starts Tuesday. If I do get another in a few year it will be a blue one. Take care all and good luck with your future decisions.
£23,500 @ trade value isn't bad. That's about £3,500 over the cap value of 15 plates right now, so decent. Probably could've got around £25,000 privately if you had the time to fend on the test pilots. Hope the Pug serves you well, but not as well as the FK2 of course
Martin L likes this.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 17th February 2017, 14:39 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thanks all, update to the situ, The puggit was a bag of spanners, have now picked a Qashqai and if nothing else goes wrong, I will pick it up tonight, due to the puggit being baws, I pushed for more on the PX and got up to 24k so happy with the overall deal.

I will be back at one point...

Take care, enjoy your cars and think about me being depressed
Synysterjmz and Farqui like this.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 17th February 2017, 16:42
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 3,716 Times in 3,425 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
What was wrong with the Pug?
Martin L likes this.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 17th February 2017, 17:44

I've been told the ECU is different on the new car, so that really screws 9G owners on future remapping options if you are holding out for Flashpro.

======

My cars been re-flashed.. currently running around 365bhp...
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 18th February 2017, 18:48 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

All 4 wheels kerbed, door dings, quarter panel dings and an alarming crease on the rear sill. As well as driving like a bag of spanners. Car actually went last night. **** got real.

Its up for sale at Arnold Clark in Glasgow for a bargain. £25.5k

https://www.arnoldclark.com/nearly-n.../arnbm-u-59033

Civinfo > Civic Type R > 9G Type R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page