Stoptech replacement discs and pads - Page 2 - Civinfo
Civinfo

Help Rules Search Clothing Stickers Surveys Wiki Forum
Go Back   Civinfo > vendors > ABP Motorsport

16.jpg
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th June 2013, 12:31   #21 (permalink)
Supporter

Car: 2007 Type R, black
Thanks given: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABP Motorsport View Post
Hi Sam,

Fitting for the discs and pads, including VAT is just £82.50. I've got just about enough time this Saturday to put them, on if you let me know asap.

They're a great upgrade from standard, and look good too with the painted centres on the discs and the grooves.

Let me know on here if you fancy them, i'll put a front set to one side if you want them.

Rich
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the instant reply!
Yeah, that sounds great, if you put a front set with pads to one side for me? The standard brakes really are very bad...
I also rang in to ask if you would be able to fit some new drop links that I have already bought? hope that has been added to the list!

Cheers, see you Saturday!
Sam
Crash2h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13th June 2013, 12:35   #22 (permalink)
Commercial user
** Thread starter **

Thanks given: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash2h View Post
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the instant reply!
Yeah, that sounds great, if you put a front set with pads to one side for me? The standard brakes really are very bad...
I also rang in to ask if you would be able to fit some new drop links that I have already bought? hope that has been added to the list!

Cheers, see you Saturday!
Sam
No problem Sam, i've added them to the ever growing list and put a set to one side.
Once they're bedded in, you should feel a good bit more confident in the way it stops.

See you Saturday!

Rich
ABP Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19th June 2013, 13:21   #23 (permalink)
Supporter

Car: 2007 Type R, black
Thanks given: 1
Just thought I would do a quick review since I have had the discs and pads on the front for a while now.

They were almost instantly better than the standard discs and pads, took me by surprise when braking at the exit of ABP onto the road! Took the A roads back and tested them out a little just to bed them in, by the time I got back up to Manchester they had settled in nicely and were working far far better than the standard setup ever did!
Overall I would say they are excellent value for money and if you don't want to upgrade anything but discs and pads then I would definitely get some of these. I haven't tried them out to their max but I would say for general road use and a spirited drive these will perform very nicely. I doubt they would be amazing with hard track use and after a few laps might tend to fade but I'm never going to do that so wasn't really what I was after.

Also want to say a big thanks to the ABP crew. All the guys there were very helpful and chatty. The car was well looked after and had no problems with anything I asked them to change/replace. I will definitely be going back!
Crash2h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Thanks to Crash2h from:
Old 19th June 2013, 14:18   #24 (permalink)
Commercial user
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash2h View Post
Just thought I would do a quick review since I have had the discs and pads on the front for a while now.

They were almost instantly better than the standard discs and pads, took me by surprise when braking at the exit of ABP onto the road! Took the A roads back and tested them out a little just to bed them in, by the time I got back up to Manchester they had settled in nicely and were working far far better than the standard setup ever did!
Overall I would say they are excellent value for money and if you don't want to upgrade anything but discs and pads then I would definitely get some of these. I haven't tried them out to their max but I would say for general road use and a spirited drive these will perform very nicely. I doubt they would be amazing with hard track use and after a few laps might tend to fade but I'm never going to do that so wasn't really what I was after.

Also want to say a big thanks to the ABP crew. All the guys there were very helpful and chatty. The car was well looked after and had no problems with anything I asked them to change/replace. I will definitely be going back!
Thanks for the review Sam, I'm glad your happy with the setup. Like you said, for a fairly inexpensive road setup you can't go wrong. I'm sure they wouldn't last long on track with the Stoptech pads, but if you put something like EBC Yellows in, they would be more capable.

Hopefully see you and the Civic again soon for more mods

Rich
Old 21st July 2013, 13:34   #25 (permalink)
Supporter

Car: 08 CTR GT Nighthawk Black
Thanks given: 30
Quote:
Replacement rotors and fast road pads for the Civic Type R FN2 (also available for EP3)

Front 300mm replacement discs, coated and vented £180.00 inc VAT (pair)
Rear replacement discs, coated and solid £130.00 inc VAT (pair)

Stoptech Fast Road front pads £49.00 inc VAT

We've just had a big order in from our good friends from across the pond, so give me a call now and upgrade your OE brakes to Stoptech rotors and Fast Road pads.

Rich
Hi Guys

Please can you pm me with a price for the Stoptech rotors front and back, fast road pads and redstuff pads supplied and fitted
Also a price for brake fluid change

Cheers
PaintItBlack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:53   #26 (permalink)
Commercial user
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintItBlack View Post
Hi Guys

Please can you pm me with a price for the Stoptech rotors front and back, fast road pads and redstuff pads supplied and fitted

Cheers
PM'd

Rich
Old 22nd July 2013, 18:54   #27 (permalink)
Supporter

Quote:
PM'd

Rich
Thanks for the quick reply guys, I will be In touch shortly
Old 28th July 2013, 09:54   #28 (permalink)
Supporter

And a big Thank You to ABP Motorsport

Quote:
Hi Guys

Cheers
Hi Guys

I just wanted to say a big Thanks for fitting me In at such short notice on a Saturday that was already fully booked up

The Stoptech rotors and new pads have transformed my car more than I could Imagine, I now have faith In the stopping ability of my FN2 for the first time since owning It for the last 7 months

I witnessed how busy you guys can be on a Saturday but you always made time to answer any questions I had amongst all the other customers and what seemed like the non-stop phone ringing

I will definitely be back soon for some more goodies, I just need to decide between an FRS or one of your Milltek's

Well worth a 300 mile round trip
Thanks to PaintItBlack from:
Old 29th July 2013, 10:49   #29 (permalink)
Commercial user
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Hi Guys

I just wanted to say a big Thanks for fitting me In at such short notice on a Saturday that was already fully booked up

The Stoptech rotors and new pads have transformed my car more than I could Imagine, I now have faith In the stopping ability of my FN2 for the first time since owning It for the last 7 months

I witnessed how busy you guys can be on a Saturday but you always made time to answer any questions I had amongst all the other customers and what seemed like the non-stop phone ringing

I will definitely be back soon for some more goodies, I just need to decide between an FRS or one of your Milltek's

Well worth a 300 mile round trip
Glad you're happy with the upgrades we made on Saturday, i'm just sorry you were here all morning!

The brakes will only get better over time too with bedding in. We'll see you soon no doubt, for either an exhaust or geo setup

Rich
Thanks to ABP Motorsport from:
Old 11th August 2013, 10:05   #30 (permalink)
Supporter

Car: FN2 M200
Thanks given: 76
hi Rich,

Can you pm me a price for front stoptech discs and front Ferodo DS2500 pads delivered to Glasgow for an fn2.

thanks ewan.
PURDIE BOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12th August 2013, 00:22   #31 (permalink)
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTR FN2, Black
Thanks given: 13
Could you PM me a price for Stoptech front,back disk,Stoptech break pads and delivery to sweden.

Thanks
Spikeis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12th August 2013, 00:42   #32 (permalink)
Supporter

Thanks given: 63
How much do you charge for fitting?

the disks and pads
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14th August 2013, 14:59   #33 (permalink)
Commercial user
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgey View Post
How much do you charge for fitting?

the disks and pads
Just PM'ed you.
Old 29th April 2014, 21:09   #34 (permalink)
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTR Silver
Thanks given: 92
If you still hold stock I'd like a price for the following for my CTR:

- Stoptech grooved front and rear discs,
- Stoptech fast road pads (front)
- Red Stuff pads (rear) (Can you also quote me red stuff for the front too)
- Braided Brake lines (HEL if you can, don't fancy the additional outlay for the goodridge)

I've tried to do plenty of reading in recent weeks regarding whether to go Red stuff, Yellow stuff or an alternative. Do you have an unbiased professional opinion on these? Or others that might be of consideration? I've seen RC5+ Carbon Lorraine mentioned very highly...

I don't track at the moment, drive spiritedly, don't currently have FRS. But will at some point get FRS done.

I might also need a price from you to correct a negative 1 degree Toe on rear drivers side. Just recently had alignment done and that was the only issue.

Sorry for the essay
morty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30th April 2014, 12:22   #35 (permalink)
Commercial user
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty View Post
If you still hold stock I'd like a price for the following for my CTR:

- Stoptech grooved front and rear discs,
- Stoptech fast road pads (front)
- Red Stuff pads (rear) (Can you also quote me red stuff for the front too)
- Braided Brake lines (HEL if you can, don't fancy the additional outlay for the goodridge)

I've tried to do plenty of reading in recent weeks regarding whether to go Red stuff, Yellow stuff or an alternative. Do you have an unbiased professional opinion on these? Or others that might be of consideration? I've seen RC5+ Carbon Lorraine mentioned very highly...

I don't track at the moment, drive spiritedly, don't currently have FRS. But will at some point get FRS done.

I might also need a price from you to correct a negative 1 degree Toe on rear drivers side. Just recently had alignment done and that was the only issue.

Sorry for the essay
Hi Morty, cheers for the post!

The costs for the Stoptech brakes are at the top of this thread, and we still hold good stock, with everything ready for shipping out or fitting in the workshop.

It would be down to your preference in regards to pads. Out of the EBC's you've mentioned the Yellowstuff pads are a much harder compound than the Reds and OE. This is good if you're driving hard, or using it on track but could be tiresome just driving locally, round town. They require a little heat for them to work well, where as the Reds are softer and work at lower temperatures. The downside is the Reds would reach their max operating temp on track quickly and would be more likely to reduce your braking performance and fade.

It sounds like you need a shim or 2 to correct the geo on the rear. Have you a printout you could send me so i know which size to supply?

Costs on brake parts;

Front Stoptech discs (300mm, grooved) £180.00 inc VAT
Rear Stoptech discs (solid, grooved) £130.00 inc VAT
Front Stoptech fast road pads £55.00 inc VAT
Front EBC Redstuff pads £91.50 inc VAT
Rear EBC Redstuff pads £57.00 inc VAT

Let me know if you'd like to order any of the above or if you have any questions.

Cheers, Rich
Old 1st May 2014, 10:06   #36 (permalink)
Supporter

Quote:
Hi Morty, cheers for the post!

The costs for the Stoptech brakes are at the top of this thread, and we still hold good stock, with everything ready for shipping out or fitting in the workshop.

It would be down to your preference in regards to pads. Out of the EBC's you've mentioned the Yellowstuff pads are a much harder compound than the Reds and OE. This is good if you're driving hard, or using it on track but could be tiresome just driving locally, round town. They require a little heat for them to work well, where as the Reds are softer and work at lower temperatures. The downside is the Reds would reach their max operating temp on track quickly and would be more likely to reduce your braking performance and fade.

It sounds like you need a shim or 2 to correct the geo on the rear. Have you a printout you could send me so i know which size to supply?

Costs on brake parts;

Front Stoptech discs (300mm, grooved) £180.00 inc VAT

Rear Stoptech discs (solid, grooved) £130.00 inc VAT

Front Stoptech fast road pads £55.00 inc VAT

Front EBC Redstuff pads £91.50 inc VAT

Rear EBC Redstuff pads £57.00 inc VAT

Let me know if you'd like to order any of the above or if you have any questions.

Cheers, Rich

Hi rich,

Ok I'll have a think about those bits.

Image attached for alignment results...

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my Vulture Droid starfighter.
Old 1st May 2014, 10:50   #37 (permalink)
Commercial user
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Hi rich,

Ok I'll have a think about those bits.

Image attached for alignment results...

Thanks for your help.

I'd have to supply two of our biggest shims to that one side, it would just about get it parallel then, so would certainly make the car drive better. It might not get it toeing 'in' though, which is the usual FRS settings.

Let me know if you want to get the shims ordered, i can send those out to you in the post.

Rich
Old 1st May 2014, 12:43   #38 (permalink)
Supporter

Hi rich,

Ok thanks, would a well versed general mechanic have any issue fitting these? Don't really fancy paying for another alignment check. If I was closer I'd pop in!

What would these set me back? Anything to bear in mind if I later added spacers?

And lastly..... How do the stop tech pads rate/compare to the red stuffs?

Many thanks for your advice!

Alex.

Old 6th May 2014, 14:16   #39 (permalink)
Supporter

How much rich?

Old 7th May 2014, 13:59   #40 (permalink)
Commercial user
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Hi rich,

Ok thanks, would a well versed general mechanic have any issue fitting these? Don't really fancy paying for another alignment check. If I was closer I'd pop in!

What would these set me back? Anything to bear in mind if I later added spacers?

And lastly..... How do the stop tech pads rate/compare to the red stuffs?

Many thanks for your advice!

Alex.

They are relatively straight forward to fit, they are sandwiched between the hub and the stub axle. The toe shims can only really be fitted in one direct as well so it should be no problem.

The shims are £8.50 each and wouldn't cause any issues when fitting spacers at a later date.

The Stoptech pads are good. Similar to the Redstuff in my opinion. Not as aggressive as the Yellows, and don't require the same heat to work. They would fade pretty quick if you were to use them on track, but for fast road use they are good value for money. We would match rear Redstuff pads with the front Stoptechs as there are no Stoptechs available for the rear of the FN2 currently.

Quote:
How much rich?

Sorry for the delay in reply

Rich
Thanks to ABP Motorsport from:

Civinfo > vendors > ABP Motorsport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.