New 2017 SR undrivable after 1 week - Civinfo

51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 97 (permalink) Old 6th April 2017, 20:06 Thread Starter

Car: 2017 SR CVT
Thumbs down New 2017 SR undrivable after 1 week

My Civic SR dashboard info that displays below the rev counter has locked up. The dealer has been told by Honda UK that it cannot be fixed without a special tool needed for calibrating which no dealers have. A special tool is being sent from the factory to the dealer but it has not arrived yet.

Currently the car is not drivable and is off road with multiple error lights lit up on the dash. Seems in the first 10 days of UK sales Honda have reported others around the UK also with this fault.

I’ve not even had an opportunity to fill up with petrol yet and now my new car is off the road stuck at my dealers. It’s rather disappointing. Also all the parking sensors have stopped working.

Last edited by electric; 6th April 2017 at 20:09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 (permalink) Old 6th April 2017, 20:14

Car: Civic 1.6 i-DTEC 2015
It is rather disappointing, but you will get teething troubles with most new models. Maybe an opportunity to encourage them to give you some little extras FOC as compensation
I take it the dealers have sorted you out with a decent courtesy car.
post #3 of 97 (permalink) Old 6th April 2017, 20:17
Supporter

Car: Civic 1.0 SR Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
My Civic SR dashboard info that displays below the rev counter has locked up. The dealer has been told by Honda UK that it cannot be fixed without a special tool needed for calibrating which no dealers have. A special tool is being sent from the factory to the dealer but it has not arrived yet.

Currently the car is not drivable and is off road with multiple error lights lit up on the dash. Seems in the first 10 days of UK sales Honda have reported others around the UK also with this fault.

I’ve not even had an opportunity to fill up with petrol yet and now my new car is off the road stuck at my dealers. It’s rather disappointing. Also all the parking sensors have stopped working.
Heck that is really bad.
post #4 of 97 (permalink) Old 6th April 2017, 20:27

Car: 2017 1.5T Sport +
Garage
Wow. I hope they get it fixed real soon!
post #5 of 97 (permalink) Old 6th April 2017, 23:48

Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
New 2017 SR undrivable after 1 week

This is an owner in the US with a Sport model hatch (basic non-TFT cluster) with various error lights unexpectedly popping up on the instrument panel. I'm wondering if QA standards are slipping in the UK factory as they also have to build hatches for the US and Canada as well. Or it could be that the 10G uses more complex electronics than the 9G and there are bugs to be ironed out. Regardless, this would be more a problem you'd associate with say a VW or Ford but rarely a Honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Vti07; 7th April 2017 at 00:11.
post #6 of 97 (permalink) Old 7th April 2017, 04:48
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,517 Times in 1,247 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
I was thinking about the new model syndrome, but then got reminded that this model has been shipping abroad for some time now.

Not the first time I've wondered whether the camouflaged cars they drive around in, that we see in spyshots, are the same that get released.
post #7 of 97 (permalink) Old 7th April 2017, 08:16
Aka Wesley

Car: Milano Type R
That's a shame.
post #8 of 97 (permalink) Old 7th April 2017, 09:08
Supporter

If you're in the UK and its a new car just reject it for a full refund or get another car from them.
post #9 of 97 (permalink) Old 7th April 2017, 14:05
Supporter

Possibly a supplier issue. Manufacturers farm out at a lot of stuff to others.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk
post #10 of 97 (permalink) Old 7th April 2017, 18:09
Supporter

Quote:

Hope they have multiples of this tool or people will be waiting a long time whilst it is shared around.

post #11 of 97 (permalink) Old 10th April 2017, 16:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2017 SR CVT
Honda have told me the calibration tool to fix my SR will be available on May 10th. This means after driving 6 miles to the dealer with no serious problem I have to wait 6 weeks to get my car back - if of course the tool is actually available then.

Honda UK have today hired me a Ford C-Max for the next 28 days. It is strange that the car hire company used by Honda UK do not have any Honda's to hire. Mainly Fords, Renaults and Vauxhalls.

My concern is why did the Honda technical team tell my mechanic to disconnect the battery? How come they did not know there was no way back after such an action?
post #12 of 97 (permalink) Old 10th April 2017, 16:43
Supporter

Quote:
Honda have told me the calibration tool to fix my SR will be available on May 10th. This means after driving 6 miles to the dealer with no serious problem I have to wait 6 weeks to get my car back - if of course the tool is actually available then.

Honda UK have today hired me a Ford C-Max for the next 28 days. It is strange that the car hire company used by Honda UK do not have any Honda's to hire. Mainly Fords, Renaults and Vauxhalls.

My concern is why did the Honda technical team tell my mechanic to disconnect the battery? How come they did not know there was no way back after such an action?
Dreadful, if on PCP I would get them to honour the payment.

post #13 of 97 (permalink) Old 10th April 2017, 16:52
Supporter

Quote:

Re disconnecting the battery, its like anything electrical the advice is remove the power. It doesn't sound like they have a solution as the problem is unknown to them. Setting it up as default from factory is the only thing they can do at this stage until they figure out what's wrong. Ideally they should take your car from you and let the clever people in Honda design come up with a remedy, else it could be a situation of back and forth to the dealer.

Last edited by jamesmckelvie; 11th April 2017 at 12:28.
post #14 of 97 (permalink) Old 10th April 2017, 17:20

Car: Car:2017 Civic SR 1lt CVT
Quote:

They have hired you a Ford C-Max so you will appreciate your Honda when you get it back lets hope its soon .
post #15 of 97 (permalink) Old 10th April 2017, 17:31
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowell View Post
They have hired you a Ford C-Max so you will appreciate your Honda when you get it back lets hope its soon .
Probably a marketing ploy! Never buy a Ford! Honda isn't all that bad!

Nowell likes this.
post #16 of 97 (permalink) Old 12th April 2017, 12:36
I Hate tailgaters!

Car: 2016 1.6 SR Lunar Silver
Eco display Eco display
Garage
I smell a rat and a load of bull from honda here. Tool not available until 10th May? How long does it take to drive from Swindon to any location on this island of ours, not that long. Even Royal Mail 2nd class is quicker than that. Its either this tool is doing the rounds around the dealers to fix the cars we don't know about and it won't be released to your dealer until 10th May or this tool isn't in this country. Maybe they just have the one tool and thats being used to rectify those sat in the lot waiting delivery before it goes out. Or as someone stated its a production part issue and Honda are waiting replacement parts (in discussion / trying to fathom out the problem) from the supplier. Sounds like its on a boat from China !!!
Kremmen, cb550, nturnb and 1 others like this.
post #17 of 97 (permalink) Old 12th April 2017, 12:46
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,517 Times in 1,247 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
I have to agree till told otherwise.

I read here before that unknown problems come to their attention and cars are either shipped to Swindon for diagnosis or a team goes to the car.

From the posts of inactivity it sounds like it's known, get it off the road and disconnect the battery.
post #18 of 97 (permalink) Old 12th April 2017, 13:16
Supporter

Hopefully they have a handle on this issue at factory and any due to be built this month have been fettled. There is a big production run this month.

post #19 of 97 (permalink) Old 12th April 2017, 13:54
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, 1999 Fiesta
The 'tool' explanation is almost certainly a red herring till they get to the bottom of the problem (The design is brand new in the UK so the Technicians here may have little experience fault finding on the vehicles)

Don't know how true it is, but word was that BMW would exchange an engine over on a customer's vehicle in for repair/warranty work, but keep the customer in the dark, to preserve the Brand name reputation for excellence and reliability
post #20 of 97 (permalink) Old 12th April 2017, 14:00
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb550 View Post
The 'tool' explanation is almost certainly a red herring till they get to the bottom of the problem (The design is brand new in the UK so the Technicians here may have little experience fault finding on the vehicles)

Don't know how true it is, but word was that BMW would exchange an engine over on a customer's vehicle in for repair/warranty work, but keep the customer in the dark, to preserve the Brand name reputation for excellence and reliability
I wouldn't be happy with dealer pulling the car apart, normally introduces rattles and other problems such as scuffed trims. Hopefully it is just a computer link up job rather than a dash pull apart.

cb550 likes this.

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Bugs, faults and irritations (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page