2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Replacing speakers?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Frank1984 
#1 ·
Am personally disappointed by the lack of bass out of the speakers. Does anyone know if the speakers in the doors are standard size and can be replaced with better units and does the head unit have enough power for any better units or would they need extra amplification?

#2 · (Edited)
I think the origionals are 6 3/4 inch but 6 1/2 will fit with a set of spacer rings alpine type e speakers should match the original stereo ok alpine sxe-1750s around 40 or sxe-1725s around £30 a set if you are looking for a lot more bass I would consider a small under seat type bass box on the 8th gen they fit under the rear seat quite well but I'm not sure about the 9th gen

#5 ·
you will not need a amp for the door speakers unless you want to run speakers with a lot more power output
for a bass box there are plenty avalible with buillt in amps with high level inputs that you can tap in to the rear speakers if the sterio dosent have preouts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.