2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Sat Nav, Radio, Clock power loss

AC/Heater 
4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  markmacs 
#1 ·
Good morning,

I have a 2008 8G UK Honda Civic. The car developed an intermittent fault whereby the Sat Nav and radio, clock. temp display and climate only powers up sometimes on startup, other times after 5 or 10 minutes. It did always come on though (straight away or eventually).
The vehicle went in to Honda to be checked out via Insurance however Honda have refused to do any further work due to a bootleg disc (not original) which must have been there prior to when I purchased the vehicle.
Since the car has come back from Honda none of the above systems come on at all.
I do not know what they have disabled, what fuse they could have removed or relay.
These are obviously the first things to check however could somebody offer me some guidance as to what fuses I need to check and what relay?
Any help would would be greatly appreciated. I have no power running to the display where the clock time normally is or the DVD player.

Pictures would really help me. I feel a beer coming your way.

Many thanks in advance,

From confused.com :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi thanks Paul. Today the Sat Nav and climate etc decided to work. I changed the fuse anyway, all was working and again it is off. There is definitely in an intermittent fault which I am now thinking could be a sticking relay?

Would you happen to know which relay and where this would be? Any other suggestions?

Many thanks :)

#5 ·
Hi Paul,

No sound or a display. Its a total loss of power to associated systems ie clock, radio, sat nav and the fan and climate/air con appear to be linked. When it comes on then all systems come back on.
They could all be OK on start up then 80% of the time, nothing. Then after driving, it could be 2 minutes up to 30 minutes until anything decides to come on.

Any other ideas? I clearly need an auto electrician however if I can save a few quid and rectify myself obviously that would be better.

Thanks.

#8 ·
Climate clock looses memory

Hello guys iam having problems with my climate clock we have recently taken the sd oem sat nav stereo out and put it back in again since then every time we restart the engine the climate clock needs to be set i think it maybe the memory wire for the clock any ideas to which colour wire is for the clock memory please its driving me nuts thank you

#10 ·
Hi all, I have a 2007 Civic Type R FN2 with the same problem. Turn the ignition on and the radio will work, the clock display and accessory and cigarette lighter sockets all work. Start the car and they all go off and do not come on again for anything between 10 seconds and 5 minutes. The only common component is the acc cut relay which I need to replace.

Does anyone know where this relay is located?

Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.