AC/Heater Check system - Civinfo

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 21:21 Thread Starter
 
Gintas Radavicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18th April 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Check system

After A/C relay disconnect start flashing check system, how to reset it? AC not working before. Glow plug light flashing, I think it was reset before, because relay didn't worked, but after disconnection catch fault again


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gintas Radavicius; 17th May 2017 at 22:24.
Gintas Radavicius is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 22:32
Supporter
 
veefour's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 5 door EX in Silver
Join Date: 26th April 2017
Location: East Anglia, Norfolk. GB
Posts: 44
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Garage
It might be unrelated but didn't you put petrol in your diesel car a few days ago? Now you're getting the check engine warning, the glow plug light is on.......I'd get the car to a garage and have the obd read if I were you!
veefour is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 22:34 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Gintas Radavicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18th April 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veefour View Post
It might be unrelated but didn't you put petrol in your diesel car a few days ago? Now you're getting the check engine warning, the glow plug light is on.......I'd get the car to a garage and have the obd read if I were you!


Yes it was before week, but I done 300miles, and everything was good till we disconnected AC relay, of course it can be coincidence.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gintas Radavicius is offline  
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 22:38
Supporter
 
veefour's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 5 door EX in Silver
Join Date: 26th April 2017
Location: East Anglia, Norfolk. GB
Posts: 44
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Garage
Coincidence.....or a sign that things are not very well! I can't see how disconnecting the A/C relay would bring on the check engine warning or the glow plug light. I'd play it safe and get the error codes read.....at least by doing that you'll know for sure why the warning lights are on!
veefour is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 22:40 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Gintas Radavicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18th April 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veefour View Post
Coincidence.....or a sign that things are not very well! I can't see how disconnecting the A/C relay would bring on the check engine warning or the glow plug light. I'd play it safe and get the error codes read.....at least by doing that you'll know for sure why the warning lights are on!


Can I buy any cable for diagnostic on ebay?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gintas Radavicius is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 22:45
Supporter
 
veefour's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 5 door EX in Silver
Join Date: 26th April 2017
Location: East Anglia, Norfolk. GB
Posts: 44
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Garage
Possibly......but the cheap obd readers and phone app's don't usually give a full picture of all the error codes. The professional kit at the main dealers or a decent independent garage will give far more in-depth results than a £30 bargain from eBay!
veefour is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 22:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Gintas Radavicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18th April 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veefour View Post
Possibly......but the cheap obd readers and phone app's don't usually give a full picture of all the error codes. The professional kit at the main dealers or a decent independent garage will give far more in-depth results than a £30 bargain from eBay!


I working at moment till Saturday and can't find any opened garage or dealer, so don't know what to do


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gintas Radavicius is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 22:58
Supporter
 
scaramanga's Avatar
 
Car: 2.2 ctdi
Join Date: 9th May 2011
Location: cumbria ENGLAND
Posts: 569
Thanks: 6
Thanked 61 Times in 61 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veefour View Post
Possibly......but the cheap obd readers and phone app's don't usually give a full picture of all the error codes. The professional kit at the main dealers or a decent independent garage will give far more in-depth results than a £30 bargain from eBay!
i have 3 code readers
1 of which is very similar if not the same as this 1
Car Fault Code Reader Engine Diagnostic Scanner Reset Tool OBD 2 CAN BUS EOBD UK | eBay
and this identified the code on my mates insignia that garage tried 3 times and failed to identify the fault
i fixed his insignia for under £20 and hed paid over £300 to the gargage over 3 different visits without them solving the problem
id say anyone interested in working on there own car this is £10 well spent
scaramanga is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 23:02 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Gintas Radavicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18th April 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
I have got https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381739002136 but it can't find my car, not sure why


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gintas Radavicius is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 23:19
Supporter
 
scaramanga's Avatar
 
Car: 2.2 ctdi
Join Date: 9th May 2011
Location: cumbria ENGLAND
Posts: 569
Thanks: 6
Thanked 61 Times in 61 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintas Radavicius View Post
I have got https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381739002136 but it can't find my car, not sure why


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ive tried 1 off them on the civic and it wouldnt find it
scaramanga is offline  
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 23:19
Supporter
 
veefour's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 5 door EX in Silver
Join Date: 26th April 2017
Location: East Anglia, Norfolk. GB
Posts: 44
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
i have 3 code readers
1 of which is very similar if not the same as this 1
Car Fault Code Reader Engine Diagnostic Scanner Reset Tool OBD 2 CAN BUS EOBD UK | eBay
and this identified the code on my mates insignia that garage tried 3 times and failed to identify the fault
i fixed his insignia for under £20 and hed paid over £300 to the gargage over 3 different visits without them solving the problem
id say anyone interested in working on there own car this is £10 well spent
Fair play......I've never had any joy with the 2 code readers I've bought from eBay so I can only speak from my experience. Maybe I'll invest in the one you've suggested and it might be third time lucky!
veefour is offline  
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 23:21 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Gintas Radavicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18th April 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veefour View Post
Fair play......I've never had any joy with the 2 code readers I've bought from eBay so I can only speak from my experience. Maybe I'll invest in the one you've suggested and it might be third time lucky!


Can you pass me a links?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gintas Radavicius is offline  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 23:23
Supporter
 
veefour's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 5 door EX in Silver
Join Date: 26th April 2017
Location: East Anglia, Norfolk. GB
Posts: 44
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintas Radavicius View Post
Can you pass me a links?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link's in post 8 above
veefour is offline  
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 06:52 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Gintas Radavicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18th April 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Who is this?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gintas Radavicius is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 11:10
 
Join Date: 12th February 2017
Posts: 73
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veefour View Post
I can't see how disconnecting the A/C relay would bring on the check engine warning or the glow plug light

Beleive me, exactly this happened to me - and when i read the code (foil trick) it came up with a P-code relating to the alarm system. The next day i had the car professionally scanned and all codes removed.

But i do actually have an Aircon problem as in it actually doesnt work which is why i also pulled the relay to check it and up came the eml/glowplug lights and they would not go away.

Before i took it to get scanned, i looked up the P code displayed and discovered it was related to the alarm! It was then that i worked out that my siren must of been disconnected in the past as the alarm system appears disabled completely, apart from the remote central locking. Not looking forward to putting that right tho

Anyway, i find out tommorow whats wrong with my aircon



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jakey is offline  
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 11:16 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Gintas Radavicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18th April 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Beleive me, exactly this happened to me - and when i read the code (foil trick) it came up with a P-code relating to the alarm system. The next day i had the car professionally scanned and all codes removed.

But i do actually have an Aircon problem as in it actually doesnt work which is why i also pulled the relay to check it and up came the eml/glowplug lights and they would not go away.

Before i took it to get scanned, i looked up the P code displayed and discovered it was related to the alarm! It was then that i worked out that my siren must of been disconnected in the past as the alarm system appears disabled completely, apart from the remote central locking. Not looking forward to putting that right tho

Anyway, i find out tommorow whats wrong with my aircon



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


But I can clear fault with foil trick?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gintas Radavicius is offline  
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 11:29
 
Join Date: 12th February 2017
Posts: 73
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintas Radavicius View Post
But I can clear fault with foil trick?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No you wont be able to clear the fault, the foil trick just displays the fault code(s). It is very likely my P code wont be related to the eml/light and is still present if i did the foil-trick again. The eml/glowplug is engine management and this can only be cleared via a scanner.

From my understanding there are two types of codes, some affect engine management like the aircon and others that dont like the alarm.

In my case both are unrelated, i just happen to discover a code which took me down the alarm route, but was nothing to do with me pulling the aircon relay out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jakey is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 11:44
 
Car: 2010 1.8 Si 5dr, Blue
Join Date: 26th January 2017
Location: Loughborough, UK GB
Posts: 47
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (0)
Garage
I'd get it checked out professionally as soon as possible bearing in mind your recent misfuel!
Jakey likes this.
bfranklin is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 11:50
 
Join Date: 12th February 2017
Posts: 73
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader: (0)
I would be inclined to agree with that for definate @bfranklin


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jakey is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 12:54 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Gintas Radavicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18th April 2017
Posts: 84
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gintas Radavicius is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
check engine light n3rb Type-R 22 1st May 2017 01:34
Electrics Check System (Engine) bryte1 Bugs, faults and irritations 10 24th December 2016 17:00
Faults Engine check light Sistill Engines and Transmission 10 16th August 2013 07:41
Engine Check engine light- fault code P250A - Engine Oil Level Sensor Circuit waqar Bugs, faults and irritations 1 29th April 2012 05:16
Warnings check engine light coste1l Electronics 1 3rd March 2010 16:19

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome