2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Double DIN - Patch Lead

Add-on nav 
3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  corasdad 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
Anybody know if Impulse are any closer to developing the patch leads for the cheaper chinese head units like the xtrons stuff?
I wish I could afford a Pioneer or something nicer but I just cant justify the cost at a time like this but really want the double din!

#3 ·
haha you know me too well mate, stingy just about covers it!

#6 ·
I was worried about contacting them directly I already have done twice recently haha!

Dont want to pester them, last time they messaged they said they expected news in January...
I will try them again!

#7 ·
I suggest you NOT to go with cheap chinese stuff. My brother have Civic 1.8 FD1 and bought also that chinese - at first DVD player didnt worked, and screen when cold have no picture, or better say normal picture. When get warmer about 8 degrees screen worked normally. They sent him new screen and new DVD, but he had to pay extra shipping and some little part of price...
So, no money no funny - there is the reason why something is more expensive - better materials used...

#8 ·
Hey if anyone can suggest where I can find another double din head unit with sat nav for less than £200 sheets, I will rip your hands off but xxDIABLOxx I just cant afford the prices that some people pay!

#10 ·
As soon as your looking for sat nav in a double din your looking at £500+.

There are some great double dins for reasonable money but sat nav is expensive. Why not just buy a Tom Tom? That's what I have and the reason I didn't want it in my double din

#9 ·
i had one in my mondeo worked a treat as for the satnav to the door everytime

Reactions: judderman
#11 ·
Sony XNV-770BT is about 500 dollars on Amazon...(refurbished - also like new..).
Cheaper and good Sony XNV-660BT is about 400 dollars !!!

TRY THAT! Better save money and buy at least something like XNV-660BT than throw it in wind like you decided...and I better not say what you can also find for lower price if you look good all around...

#13 ·
XNV-770BT on amazon - $550 which is about £360 at the moment, almost double what I can afford!

What double dins are around for like £200 that don't have Sat Nav?
Are there any Sat Navs that do a video out and Head Units that have a Video in? That might be cool...

#14 ·
rowbo I am just waiting for them to get back to me now :)

Reactions: rowbo
#15 ·
Reactions: judderman
#17 ·
News back from Impulse!!!

Hi Judd,
We have a sample arriving this week of a system that works on the infrared principles. It will learn the infrared remote data from the Chinese head unit hand held remote control and use them to programme the steering wheel remote control buttons. We have yet test it on a Civic with a Chinese head unit so if you are in the North West London area we could use your car.
Please note that the Chinese unit must have an infrared remote control.
Regards
Bob

#19 ·
I ordered double din kit and cheap chinese headunit two week ago, hope the steering controls work without the lead:confused:

#20 ·
Steering wheel controls might but you might lose the display for your climate control and stuff?

#22 ·
cool man, let me know how you get on!

p.s. if you get chance do an in depth 'how to' for me?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.