2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Bying and instal. Hondata flashpro how?

13K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  nunoctr 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to buy a Hondata flashpro, but have a few questions because I want to instal it myself and I'm not a Computer geek.
- First of all is it difficult to instal, or is it a kind of Pug and Play.
- I've got an HKS RSK and the HKS Catback and want to use the Group N map that is on the flashpro does everything work well then like cruise controll and average Mpg.
- Are there things I should be aware of when I'm installing it.

I hope someone can give me some good and simple answers.:p:p:p

#2 ·
Very easy to install, you just need a laptop upload the software then whilst attached to the laptop, plug the FlashPRO into the OBDII port (under the steering wheel) and then upload the map, you would see better gains from your intake and exhaust if you got a custom map but it will all work yes :)

I would say that the AFR is very rich and as such your mpg will fall :(

#7 ·
Very easy to install, you just need a laptop upload the software then whilst attached to the laptop, plug the FlashPRO into the OBDII port (under the steering wheel) and then upload the map, you would see better gains from your intake and exhaust if you got a custom map but it will all work yes :)

I would say that the AFR is very rich and as such your mpg will fall :(
What do you mean with AFR very rich and mpg will fall, I think it is good with a lower mpg.:(

#10 ·
Have a read here FlashPro Help

when you have the unit in front of you it'll make more sense, plus it comes with full instructions.
I've read Flashpro Help, just one question.

When I have put in my calibrations like HKS RSK and HKS catback and put in on MAFcalibr., have I then already made a sort of new map and when I load this I have got then the lowered V-tec window max. rev. 8600 rpm.???

#4 ·
Hi Guys,
- First of all is it difficult to instal, or is it a kind of Pug and Play.
- I've got an HKS RSK and the HKS Catback and want to use the Group N map that is on the flashpro does everything work well then like cruise controll and average Mpg.
- Are there things I should be aware of when I'm installing it.
Don't use Group N if you change the intake. It becomes dangerous for the engine with AFR almost 10:1 (too rich) with Group N calibration.

#8 ·
lower mpg is bad surely :p

Grp N is only ok on a bone stock car, once any modification is made it runs very rich and at a ratio of around 10:1 you are rinsing any lubricant off the bores with petrol- what is affectionately known as bore wash and it will damage an engine over time, and probably the CAT a lot sooner

If you contact Vitviper or CivicRSA on here they will be able to Etune your car safely in the meantime for a small fee or properly tune it for a slightly larger one

Stephen

#9 ·
lower mpg is bad surely :p

Grp N is only ok on a bone stock car, once any modification is made it runs very rich and at a ratio of around 10:1 you are rinsing any lubricant off the bores with petrol- what is affectionately known as bore wash and it will damage an engine over time, and probably the CAT a lot sooner

If you contact Vitviper or CivicRSA on here they will be able to Etune your car safely in the meantime for a small fee or properly tune it for a slightly larger one

Stephen
Oke, now I understand.:D

#19 ·
the stock cal and the groupN cal are the same in fuel.

Hondata didn't change the fuel. You can compare the two cals on the flashpro manager.

Basically Hondata advanced igntion about 1º and changed the cam angles at wot and vtec point.

#27 ·
Rev-hang presents itself during gearshift events. When the clutch is depressed and the throttle is closed, drivers can see that the engine rpm stays constant for a period of time, not dropping even though the driver has completely lifted off the throttle pedal. This is how Honda tuned the Civic and is considered normal behavior from the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.