2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

hybrid jazz-anyone got one ?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  cb550 
#1 ·
Anyone got a hybrid jazz ? If so, what are they like to own/ real world fuel consumption etc.

Also anyone thinking of selling for cash, or better still would like to part chop. for a Civic exgt auto ( don't ask, don't get !)

#2 ·
Based on a CRZ but with CVT transmission and a 1.3 engine. My guess is real world around town will be close on 50MPG and 60-65MPG doing around 55-60MPH on a run with cruise control but it all depends how you drive it as always. To be honest if you dont need rear seats for passengers and fancy this I would go for a CRZ as plenty around at a good price and for sure will be a lot more fun to drive while offering decent MPG if you drive it right.

#3 ·
Thanks for info'Rick. Regarding your Crz, how practical do you find it, i.e. is there room for weekly shopping. Also my partner picks up her grandchildren regularly (ages 5 and 6). Would the back seats likely accomodate them (also they are only going to get older/larger) Lots of questions, thanks for the help !

#4 ·
Legroom in the front is amazing and while Lewis is now nearly 5 and travels in the back this is fine as long as you have a 5ft person in the front but if you had 2 X 6ft people in the front then for sure no one is sitting in the back. Weekly shopping is no issue but to be fair you buy a Z with a 2 seater in mind or a second car but this will passanger anyone in the back if they are 4ft tall or less and you don't have 6ft people in the front who want 70% or more of the legroom on offer.

My advice is if you have 2 cars go and test drive one and go for it as they really are a good car with R like handling but perfomance is equal to a 1.8 civic but if you need the back seat as a rule due to this being the only car in the household then this will not be for you.

#5 ·
Reading what you've described, I think I'll have to give the car a miss. It would be my partner's car, also the main vehicle as I have the poverty spec. T plate Fiesta which she won't drive.

Packed up work 3 months ago, but recently the company have asked if I'm interested in working again. If it ever happens I think I might treat myself to a Crz (very surprised at the 'low' prices being asked !)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.