hybrid jazz-anyone got one ? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 6th September 2016, 21:29 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, 1999 Fiesta
hybrid jazz-anyone got one ?

Anyone got a hybrid jazz ? If so, what are they like to own/ real world fuel consumption etc.

Also anyone thinking of selling for cash, or better still would like to part chop. for a Civic exgt auto ( don't ask, don't get !)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 6th September 2016, 21:37
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: CRV EX / CRZ GT
Thanked 1,127 Times in 949 Posts
Based on a CRZ but with CVT transmission and a 1.3 engine. My guess is real world around town will be close on 50MPG and 60-65MPG doing around 55-60MPH on a run with cruise control but it all depends how you drive it as always. To be honest if you dont need rear seats for passengers and fancy this I would go for a CRZ as plenty around at a good price and for sure will be a lot more fun to drive while offering decent MPG if you drive it right.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th September 2016, 11:13 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for info'Rick. Regarding your Crz, how practical do you find it, i.e. is there room for weekly shopping. Also my partner picks up her grandchildren regularly (ages 5 and 6). Would the back seats likely accomodate them (also they are only going to get older/larger) Lots of questions, thanks for the help !
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th September 2016, 13:28
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: CRV EX / CRZ GT
Thanked 1,127 Times in 949 Posts
Legroom in the front is amazing and while Lewis is now nearly 5 and travels in the back this is fine as long as you have a 5ft person in the front but if you had 2 X 6ft people in the front then for sure no one is sitting in the back. Weekly shopping is no issue but to be fair you buy a Z with a 2 seater in mind or a second car but this will passanger anyone in the back if they are 4ft tall or less and you don't have 6ft people in the front who want 70% or more of the legroom on offer.

My advice is if you have 2 cars go and test drive one and go for it as they really are a good car with R like handling but perfomance is equal to a 1.8 civic but if you need the back seat as a rule due to this being the only car in the household then this will not be for you.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th September 2016, 15:13 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Reading what you've described, I think I'll have to give the car a miss. It would be my partner's car, also the main vehicle as I have the poverty spec. T plate Fiesta which she won't drive.

Packed up work 3 months ago, but recently the company have asked if I'm interested in working again. If it ever happens I think I might treat myself to a Crz (very surprised at the 'low' prices being asked !)

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Honda Jazz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page