2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

New to Honda..

577 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Expatscot 
#1 · (Edited)
Well after first posting a "Should I buy or not" thread a few weeks ago.... am now the owner of a 2010 Civic ctdi EX. My first foray into Hondas in particular and Japanese cars in general.

Only had it since Saturday and am still getting used to it - but so far so good... though SatNav sorting and phone pairing are looming unpleasantly in my immediate future.

Will no doubt be bouncing around the forums and wiki in here for a while as I get bits and pieces sorted as I have on the Vauxhall, Mondeo, Puma and MG forums for previous cars.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum mate! You'll soon be changing stuff and remapping the dirty derv ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#7 ·
A few days in now... Mainly urban, suburban pootling about - but longer run today and liking it so far. Got the Sat Nav dvd sorted (posted about elsewhere) and the linking of phone to HFT was surprisingly trouble free.
Just a couple of cosmetic issues to fix, though may leave that til spring... And a heating problem. Other than that, all seems good.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I have not been on the forum in a while.....

I have had the car for 6 months now - which equates to 22,000 miles (yes, I drive a lot)...

So far apart from the heater related niggle I have mentioned on a thread here there have been no issues.... car driving well, the torque is awesome when needed and it just chugs up the miles.
No fault of the car, but over time now I have noticed that it had been twatted at the front end when I bought it, and although they had bodged it together that has now worked free so a bit of bumper trim is misaligned and the nearside headlight has nothing holding it in place and is bouncing around in its housing. So a new/second hand headlight and a visit to a body-shop in my near future and all will be well..

In short though... lovely car. Hasn't skipped a beat in the very high mileage I have thrown at it over 6 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.