2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Roof bars

577 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr JP 
#1 ·
Good evening all,

Just thought it was right to say hello and thank you all for your unwitting advice.

I've had my Type S-GT for a little over a year and I love the dirty little diesel.

I fitted a towbar earlier in the year and thanks to this

civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/21837-roof-bar-installation

I've just fitted a set of roof bars with the additional extra loads clamps (phowar!!!). Pimp my ride mature style.

Anyway there are a couple of adjustments I'd make to the guidance on how to do it.

1. Leave the black doodad that needs cutting in place whilst you mark it out.
2. Unclip the clips on the roof but not down the side of the windscreen. Place plenty of protection (rags) under the first cut line (nearest the windscreen) and then whip out the old dremmel and so very carefully, with a metal grinding disk, cut through the black doodad. Then remove it and cut the other bits.

Please note. Any damage caused to your car by following my good/stupid (delete as applicable) idea is not my fault but I've just managed it on mine all has gone exceptionally well.

Sorry for the ramble and even for putting the info in the wrong place.

Once I've got the boat loaded on the roof I'll endeavour to get some photos up.

Jerry

See less See more
#3 ·
If anyone wants a set of roof bars I'm just about to upload a classified with picture as per forum rules.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.