2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2Preety

647 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mr JP 
#1 ·
Good afternoon everybody,

I'm a new member of this forum. I'm dad with a kid and a hot wife and now a hot Civic too, haha. Anyway, my car is going to be a make up project so I'll be posting pics and stuff over time for you to see the progress we've made.

I've bought this baby girl with a blown head gasket at 135tkm, so pretty much undriveable. However, she was in a pretty good state cause of being garaged for her whole life and literally one lady owner, who I guess wasn't exactly a racing type (even though she managed to blew the engine, uhmmm).

So for me, the phase one was getting a proper new heart beat. I got a new 1.8 vtec with only 25tkm on it. We replaced the engine and got rid of all the damaged parts. This went pretty well, I've done 3 tkm now on it and even though there's still some oil/water mixture that looks like baby **** running through the radiator and the cooling system, I'm slowly getting it clean completely.

Here's my checklist of what is planned for the next 6 months (approx.):
- window tint
- short shifter adapter
- new alloys (18 inch - most likely not OEM), spacers and painting brake calipers)
- soundproofing (doors & trunk for the beginning)
- new sound system (2014-16 gen radio, speakers & sub)
- new grill, new spoiler
- custom leather interior
- possibly xenons (not sure yet)
- some LED improvements

That's for now, I will definitely be getting new ideas though, once you start you can never stop.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.