2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

My 1st civic - just bought 2008 2.2 cdti es

450 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Mr JP 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just joined up here as yesterday I bought myself my 1st civic an 08 reg 2.2 cdti es with full Honda SH and 53k on the clock. Its my 2nd Honda as a few years ago I had an Accord estate.

The civic is my 1st ever diesel car - took the jump from petrol to diesel as I've owned a few vans in the past for my business + used to occasionally drive my dads old Skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi. Do enjoy the torque + the power delivery of a reasonable size diesel engine and there's a nice amount of power in that 2.2. I had forgotten about the smelly end of things - filling up at the tanks I can't stand the smell of diesel!

Ok so for that bit I'll put a clothes peg on my nose! I'm really enjoying the car - did 160 miles yesterday to bring it home to Yorkshire and it was a very enjoyable drive - helped of course with the cruise control, dual climate + heated leather.

Happy Honda motoring [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

#6 ·
i also diliked the smell of diesel years ago but i dont notice it now
i came from a accord to this civic and personaly im ready to change but after 7 years and over 100,000 miles in my 2.2 im really scared to change as this has been my best car in over 30 years of driving
its my 4th honda ive had 2 accords and a previous civic years ago all been good cars but this is by far the best dealer serviced untill waranty ran out then ive done all the work on it myself

#7 ·
Maybe it takes a bit of time to get used to the smell of diesel - its a downside but a small price to pay

At least I'm not at the tank as often as my fellow petrol drivers

You've covered a lot of miles in your civic chariot - not looked far back thru your posts so was wondering if it was standard?

Found myself straying last night into threads about mapping .... interesting + need to do more reading up on it (but haven't mentioned it to the other half yet!) :wink3:

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys

Yes I'm sure I'm just starting to take a look at that slippery slope and think 'ummm that does look interesting .....'

And as for power well if there's a bit more to be had then it certainly makes life a bit more interesting

I'm fully on board with the weak points of the 2.2 - the clutch made of cheese and the exhaust manifold which if you creep up on it and shout 'BOO' it will just crack up on you - it doesn't bother me every car has something or other

Just bought my 2.2 for a great price so i figure it could be a great project car my first mapper .... still very much in the research phase so its not a rush decision and want to get some major servicing done 1st inclu engine oil change, coolant change, gearbox oil change so we're in tip top shape to start with then I'll take it from there

Will keep up updated in the appropriate place on the forum if + when things take off :smile3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.