• 1 Post By marcinwednesbury
  • 1 Post By Tekiel
  • 1 Post By civicyoungster
  • 1 Post By andyk134

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 20:41 Thread Starter

Car: 2011 1.8 civic TI
First time owning a HONDA

Good day all , thought I would introduce myself, first time HONDA owner and first post on the forum.

Sold my beloved GOLF MKV R32 some weeks ago and have been rummaging the car world to find my new passion, knowing full well I wont find the crisp distinctive V6 roar which I miss (probably too much for a man my age) but after many years have started listening to my head and weekly bank balance for that matter, so I started off at FORD tested FOCUS ZETEC-S found it hard to be a lover of it , then onto VAUXHALL - ASTRA GTC again found it lacking in soul and very cheap feel , had never considered the Jap world so found myself at the local HONDA dealer and seen a 2011 civic TI seeing as I don't normally go for the norm cars I kinda fell for the style tweak of the car and decided to test it too , I liked it completely different to the many cars I've owned and this Honda has plenty of character , the stealer wanted £7500 for It, granted its in prime condition and with only 41k miles I decided to hussle the dealer and managed to get £700 off the price and manipulated half price 2 year service plan too and now picking the car up on Friday and looking forward to making it mine.

Anyway that's my intro I look forward to many evenings scrolling through the many posts as I did on r32oc site, if anyone else has the TI(only 500 made in the UK so I'm to believe) and some knowledge, In the words of Terry Tibbs "CIVIC TI , TALK TOO ME"
Farqui and marcinwednesbury like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 21:12
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 3,705 Times in 3,415 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Welcome to and the world of Jap motoring.
GunneryOP77 likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 21:54
Supporter

Car: honda civic type s gt red
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jaxckhan
welcome mate
GunneryOP77 likes this.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 05:53
Supporter

Car: 2007 Type S I Shift

Wysłane z mojego SM-N9005
GunneryOP77 likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 09:33

Car: 2007 CTR, Milano Red
Siema!! 🚔
GunneryOP77 likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 09:38
Supporter

Car: 2009 1.4 5 door, Cosmic Grey
Garage
Welcome! I'm glad you finally found the path to real jap work
GunneryOP77 likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 10:29

Car: 2013 1.8 TI
I bought my TI 2 weeks ago, its a 2013 with only 14,000 miles on it so hardly run in. so far I have fitted Eibach springs which make it look so much better and may well add some spacers when it has finally settled and I can see what it looks like. I know the Mk9 TI was a special edition too with only 1000 made in only 3 colours so only about 335 made in the white that I have. And I live in Swindon where all Civic's are made so its good to look a little different with the number of them on the road here too......
GunneryOP77 likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 12:09 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2011 1.8 civic TI
Hey andyk134 ,

2 weeks in and already moding i like this , i probably spent about 3k on mods and style tweaks on my R so eventually i will get down to this with the TI can you recommend any decent parts websites i know of SUMOPOWER but im sure their are alot more to discover.

The missus tried to tell me she seen another 2011 TI where we live but if there is only 500 of my version then she is at it and winding me up.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th May 2017, 10:36
SSP

Hi all

First post, and similar to GunneryOP77, I'm a first time Honda owner.

Had no plans to be one if I'm honest having purchased a 09 VW Touareg Altitude only 8 months ago! However, the term 'buying a wrong'un comes to mind' despite it having an immaculate service history and the previous owner being a supposed enthusiast. Anyway, the wife hasn't been happy with its size and that nudged me into action.

Practicality and heart dictated the move to Honda Civic 2014, with its great boot size and stunning looks.

I'll give the Honda dealership credit, they had me dreaming of the 17 Civic which looks excellent. However, budget is budget. So we picked up a 2014 1.8 VTech Civic SR.

I'm planning some minor tweaks first off like door sills and I'm on the look out for some sort of boot sill protection to avoid scuffs and scrapes from a pushchair being thrown in and out by the good lady.

Some reads already on the forum have my mind wondering to some shiny things such as a brushed steel foot plate etc.

Anyway, hello and hope to be able contribute more in time!

Civinfo > Welcome > Introduce yourself

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page