2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Great news (about removing the head unit)

Head Unit 
158K views 509 replies 127 participants last post by  Darft 
#1 ·
Just heard..... Impulse have launched a cable kit that allows the OEM radio to be taken out completely. Ive booked in my vehicle to have the work done.....watch this space

#4 ·
OOhhh interested :D

watching this space re the sat nav question :popcorn:

#6 ·
Im definitely watching this space

#7 ·
"oh! globits, what's that there coming out of the trap door then Berk?" ;)

#8 ·
Interesting.
With this cable kit we will be able to control dual zone Clima and clock?
Or not?

#12 ·
Excuse my ignorance (not good with electronics!!) but does this mean I would be able to plug in my ipod ie an aux in?? And have steering wheel control?? And track display?? I have sat nav and was hoping that someone would find out how to put the aux onto the current headunit (ie 08 models and earlier)..... and keep the current functionality for climate control as find dual control VERY useful as I like one temperature & hubbie another.

#18 ·
BREAK THROUGH:
Impulse fitted the part to my vehicle yesterday. Yes, the OEM radio is now out of the vehicle. The steering wheel controls work great, the OEM display now shows the date/time and can be adjusted by the steering wheel controls.
Only one negative (which isnt a huge one) Im not able to dim the display on top of the dash. But Im very happy.

#20 ·
Honda has launched a display for our car that works fine with OEM headunits.
All readings (clock and clima) are showing on display.

#23 ·
#27 ·
Hi Bupps, how about the photos?
And could you pls advise how you can set the time on the display?

#30 ·
The interface is in the car already so I got this image from the suppliers.
Regarding the time adjustment: Press and hold the MODE button to enter the clock settings. Press VOL+ and VOL- to toggle between hour, minute, date, month and year. The relevant character will flash when selected.
To change the value, press CH+ and CH-
Once the time and date is set press HOLD to exit.
Simple!!

Attachments

#29 ·
it would be great if we could get a link to this cable - just reading back through the thread and this one is very slow.

Alot of excited people here Bupps! where is it?

#32 ·
thanks for posting up the pics Bupps - any chance of a link or details of where this cable can be purchased?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.