• 2 Post By anthropolyte
  • 1 Post By iMZee

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 11:13 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 Type S GT 3dr
Garage
Full Install Help Please?!

Hi All, I have just bought my first Civic (2007Type S GT) and am very pleased to have come across this forum! I'm lookingforward to receiving my sticker

So, I have a totally standard interior at the moment,factory head unit, no satnav etc. I want to install a new android double dinunit but want to keep all steering controls, clock etc. I have read dozens ofthreads on here for similar topics, but can’t seem to get all the answers sofar. Also, I’m worried I may buy the wrong parts and end up losing steering controls,messing up the clock, heaters dials etc..

It’s a big ask, but please can somebody provide mewith a link for the full facia kit (including all cables) and arecommended android double din unit I would need?

I’m a bit worried about removing all the trim, butmore concerned about possibly having to splice wires etc. Is this a job for anexperienced person?
Farqui likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 11:25
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 3,705 Times in 3,415 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Welcome to and well done becoming a site Supporter so promptly

A DDIN swap is popular and I'm sure someone who's gone thru it will help you along.

Good luck.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 11:29 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farqui View Post
Welcome to and well done becoming a site Supporter so promptly

A DDIN swap is popular and I'm sure someone who's gone thru it will help you along.

Good luck.

Thank you for the warm welcome I will keep my eye out for replies.
Farqui likes this.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 11:42
Supporter

Car: honda civic type s gt red
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jaxckhan
hi there have you tried car audio centre they are doing a connects 2 CTKHD01 complete head unit replacement kit for £114.99 that will be all that you need in order to install the double din, and you will still have your clock and steering controls,
its a diy job that you can do your self, just take out enough time to do it, its really plug and play,
and i wouldn't worry about trim removal, just take your time and you will be okay, my advice on trim removal would be to do it in a warm garage or keep your heaters on in the car, as the cold weather we are having dose make some parts or the trim a little brittle, but if you take your time and use a trim remover you will be okay, and whilst your at it you could also install a reverse camera, it may sound a bit of a daunting job, but it really is easy,
and as for getting a android double din there are plenty to choose from and are not that expensive considering they have all the bell and whistles you could ask for, just look out for one thats got 2gig of ram, as some of the ones with on gig of ram can freeze up and need a reboot from time to time,
just hang in there and someone on here who has recently fitted an android double din could recommend a brand for you, i am sorry i didnt put a link in as you requested i aint too good with computors, any problems with installing, then give us a shout, were all here to help one another on here
Farqui, Jamesoxborrow and iMZee like this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 11:57 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxckhan View Post
hi there have you tried car audio centre they are doing a connects 2 CTKHD01 complete head unit replacement kit for £114.99 that will be all that you need in order to install the double din, and you will still have your clock and steering controls,
its a diy job that you can do your self, just take out enough time to do it, its really plug and play,
and i wouldn't worry about trim removal, just take your time and you will be okay, my advice on trim removal would be to do it in a warm garage or keep your heaters on in the car, as the cold weather we are having dose make some parts or the trim a little brittle, but if you take your time and use a trim remover you will be okay, and whilst your at it you could also install a reverse camera, it may sound a bit of a daunting job, but it really is easy,
and as for getting a android double din there are plenty to choose from and are not that expensive considering they have all the bell and whistles you could ask for, just look out for one thats got 2gig of ram, as some of the ones with on gig of ram can freeze up and need a reboot from time to time,
just hang in there and someone on here who has recently fitted an android double din could recommend a brand for you, i am sorry i didnt put a link in as you requested i aint too good with computors, any problems with installing, then give us a shout, were all here to help one another on here

Excellent thank you. I think I have found the correct kit you mentioned. Will the colour of the facia match the dash? or is it just black.

Also, I had a quick browse on Amazon and found a few double din units that came with GPS, camera etc, but they all seem to be different shapes and sizes. I will wait and see if anyone can recommend one for me.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 12:11
Supporter

Garage
The facia trim is a good match yo be honest probably looks a bit different in pictures than in real life, there are loads of double dins to choose from, but just hang on for a bit untill u get a recommendation of one from someone who has fitted one recently, I used to have a brand called pumpkin, and that was over a year ago, and they have come a long way since then, and it all depends on what you want, you could have a full touch screen with no physical buttons, or a mix of both, that's why you will find that they are different sizes, just get one that will meet all your needs like USB input aux input, WiFi, but these are pretty standard on the android units anyway,

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 12:15 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
sounds good to me Pumpkin are the ones I saw on Amazon. Im hoping for a mix of buttons & touch screen, along with Satnav, AUX & Bluetooth. I will hang on. thanks!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 12:34
Supporter

Garage
Your welcome, keep us updated 👍

Thanks to jaxckhan from:
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 13:31
Supporter

Your right in them all being differing shapes and sizes, but this tends to be just the screen they are referring to.

As long and what you buy has Double Din in the name, it will fit as these are a standardised size to keep things easy.

I have a double din 7inch head unit and absolutely love it. Was a bit of a fiddle getting it in with the mass of wirring u need to squeeze in also, but loads of us have done this and will happily walk u through any difficulties u come across.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 13:36
Supporter

Car: 2008 Type R FN2, NHB
Did this recently myself too, although with an OEM Honda fascia and a Pioneer unit. Still used the Connects2 kit for the loom, and retained wheel controls and the clock. Happy to walk you through if necessary.
Farqui and Jamesoxborrow like this.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 14:03
Supporter

Garage
I had this one it was well over a year ago when I had this one installed

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 14:05 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
all really useful thank you. Is it any extra work to install a double din unit that has build in GPS Satnav? or is it just a case of mounting the provided antenna somewhere?
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 14:06
Supporter

Most people route the GPS antenna to sit just under the top panel of the dash - a small triangular section below the time/date/climate display. Not hard to do at all.
Ryan.marriott likes this.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 14:07 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Would this facia kit be correct for me to use with a Pumpkin Android system? because the free patch lead that comes with it just mentions all 'high street' brands, Sony, Panasonic etc.

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conn...tting-kit.html
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 14:08
Supporter

That's the one - and for Android units I think you need the CTMultilead in the dropdown. Others will no doubt confirm or contradict!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 14:16
Supporter

Garage
Yes mate it's the CT multi lead, and then you manually input into the set up menuo. The double din key1 key2 and so forth, for volume up and down and the connects 2 takes care of the time and date and where ** air will be blowing on the civic screen, u just hold down menu on the steering wheel to input time and date the civic screen

Thanks to jaxckhan from:
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 17:09

I'd recommend a unit from Xtrons. They seem to be well built and offer a half decent UI.
As for audio quality, any aftermarket head-unit will provide more power = better sound q
Ryan.marriott likes this.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th February 2017, 17:13
Supporter

Garage
If your going to buy xtrons make sure that the unit isn't rooted other wise u won't be able to get android updates, play store will be fine on it, I am on about updates as android software,

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page