2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Rear speaker cables

Speakers 
7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  James90N 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how the cables for the rear speakers are routed? I would like to make a connection somewhere along the path for my sub.
It's a bit silly to disassemble the doors and route a new cable back to the interior, when you can make a tap somewhere a bit easier.

K.

#2 ·
i too could not find it, and succombed to taking the head unit out and running cables doen the middle of the car, it seems quite hard , but with a couple of spare hours it works well, you can also run the power cable down the middle as well.

#3 ·
Depending on what sub you ar going to use and whether there are enough outputs on the built in head unit you would probably be best pucrhasing a seperate amp for the sub to run off as I doubt (not sure for cetain as I have not looked into it) that the standard head unit may not be the best equiped to run a decent sub off.

If you went on this route you would need to run some RCA cables from your head unit (think you need a connect2 lead to do this- someone clarify please) into the amp and then from there into the sub. You would also need to run a power cable direct from your battery into your amp aswell

I used to be a big ICE junkie in my older cars but not so much anymore.

Has anyone put any big sound sytems in their cars as yet?

#4 · (Edited)
I'm looking to do this in my 2006 Civic Hatch, Need a Lineout Converter (LOC) and splice that into wherever the rear speaker cables are...? As the Stock Head unit doesn't have RCA outputs. The LOC will give you a feed into an Amp.

I have everything to do this, just don't know where the Rear Speaker cables are?

Steve

#5 ·
in the same boat here too. almost finished my "hidden" sub in spare wheel box.

i got my loc through so this coming weekend ill be installing it. and as has been mentioned it does seem silly to take the door apart. so if any of you have found a nice solution, it would be great to hear / see if have any pictures.

#7 ·
pewpew

ye i spose this is probably best/easiest, as long as good connections are made, dont want them rattling loose or grounding on the chassis or anything.

do you remember what colour cables the rear speaker was (left or right) ill be doing this this evening and id rather not trace back from the HU if i can help it.

and i really dont want to take the door apart..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.