• 1 Post By MarteliusExhaust
  • 1 Post By dweezle
  • 2 Post By MarteliusExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 7th September 2016, 11:36 Thread Starter
Dealers

Martelius FK2 cat-back pre-orders

Dear friends,

I'm extremely happy and relieved to inform you, that the massive project that has been the FK2 exhaust development, is finally ready.

Please find our sound check video in crisp 4K resolution on Youtube:

When we took delivery of our test vehicle earlier this year, we already knew it would be one of the most challenging product development operations we have ever done in our 34 years of company history. The reality however was even more intense. Had we settled for a mediocre sound experience, the product would have been out by April this year. However we take pride in delivering a sound that matches the feelind and image of the car. The FK2 is a very exciting and bold car, with engine technology that due to emissions and fuel consumption along with other reasons, is very compromised in the sound frequencies associated with a modern performance car. In short, it sounds very monotonous and dull, specially compared to it's predecessor the FN2 with it's naturally aspirated high RPM power unit.

The objective was drone free and pleasant highway experience with a crisp note on performance driving and free revving. Finally after 6 months of work, 2000+ kilometers of road and race track testing, and using every trick we have learned from other projects and this car itself, we were able to pull it off. We brought up the almost non-existant frequencies and silenced the unwanted resonances. We can now offer the Martelius sound for the FK2 in a cat-back exhaust product, without any changes in emissions. The car pictured in our videos has 100% original downpipe and catalytic converter systems in place. The tubing is uncompromised 3" stainless steel for the best performance gains.

Pre-orders for the first production batch will open shortly in our online store. The final sales price of the exhaust is yet undetermined but will be a bit over 1000 euros with VAT included. Pre-orders will be available for 850 euros. Shipping costs are not included.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information. Product images and pre-order links will be available through all channels as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience and encouraging messages regarding this project.

Best regards
Markus Martelius
dweezle, Farqui and nkb like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 7th September 2016, 14:25
Supporter

Car: 2015 CTR FK2
Garage
do you have any specs and pictures for the system?
i'm on the belief some countries are tight on noise levels and require an EC certificate (?) to be sold.
also, some track day venues are tight on noise levels - do you have drive-by and static db? form the video, it sounds a bit more than 1db over the stock system you've mentioned before so just be good to get real figures.

LHD and RHD versions available?

any dyno results yet?

edit: oh, congrats on finally releasing the system. i know some have been waiting for yours to be released

Last edited by veehexx; 7th September 2016 at 14:30.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 7th September 2016, 18:15
regrets his username

Car: 1.6 focus RS
Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,182 Posts
I'm liking it a lot ,
There's a few nice crackles going on, are there any issues running a system like that (crackling exhaust nooby).

Also I know Remus are/had issues with fitment on RHD cars, are yours RHD ready if so I'm up for a pre order
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 8th September 2016, 14:00 Thread Starter
Dealers
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
do you have any specs and pictures for the system?
i'm on the belief some countries are tight on noise levels and require an EC certificate (?) to be sold.
also, some track day venues are tight on noise levels - do you have drive-by and static db? form the video, it sounds a bit more than 1db over the stock system you've mentioned before so just be good to get real figures.

LHD and RHD versions available?

any dyno results yet?

edit: oh, congrats on finally releasing the system. i know some have been waiting for yours to be released
Specs, pictures, decibel levels etc are all coming up really soon. Civinfo will be the first to know.

We do not do homologations, as that also would mean losing the great sound we have worked so hard to gain.

1dB over stock inside the cabin at 80km/h cruise. Much more on full boost as it should!

LHD and RHD are both available.

Stay tuned for the official launch with all the rest of the details.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 8th September 2016, 14:04 Thread Starter
Dealers
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
I'm liking it a lot ,
There's a few nice crackles going on, are there any issues running a system like that (crackling exhaust nooby).

Also I know Remus are/had issues with fitment on RHD cars, are yours RHD ready if so I'm up for a pre order
Crackling sounds can cause serious health issues as your face can be stuck in a permanent smile. Consult your physician!

We have RHD jigs for production as well.
dweezle and Synysterjmz like this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 9th September 2016, 16:10
Supporter

Car: PM FK2 type r
Garage
I think we just need assuring that it has been or will be test fitted for rhd as the Remus did not fit on release and has yet to be re-released for rhd. Sound wise i think it's what a lot of people have been waiting for.
Synysterjmz likes this.
Thanks to riche from:
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10th September 2016, 23:35

Dear Martelius!

I dont think you will be able to produce enough for the UK.
We where looking forward for something that sound like THIS.
Please make me as your "Test Mule" for the RHD fittment....but i will pay the full price...just please send me one....the lack of sound is killing this car for me...please please

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks to pi22adough from:
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 14th September 2016, 10:41 Thread Starter
Dealers
** Thread starter **

We are happy to inform that the official decibel test results for the Martelius FK2 3" cat back exhaust are ready. Highest external decibel reading is 95.5dB at 3800 rpm static rev. Measuring has been carried out to FIA standards from 50cm distance at 45 degrees angle, and repeated multiple times for both sides of the car.

As we promised earlier, the static cruise decibels inside the cabin are very pleasant for the driver and passengers. The static cruise at 80km/h (50mph) is only 1dB over the standard Honda exhaust. Even at 120km/h (75mph) the decibel reading on 6th gear is only 70dB, 2dB over that of 80km/h.

Please find the full chart of readings below.

On other news, the pre-order is now open in our online store. Please follow this link to take advantage of our 850€ pre-order offer, which is only available for a limited time: Civic Type R FK2 2015- 3" cat back exhaust - Martelius-Exhaust Oy

For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact our sales team.

Best regards

Markus Martelius
Martelius Exhaust
Farqui likes this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 14th September 2016, 22:19
regrets his username

Car: 1.6 focus RS
Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,182 Posts
Ordered tonight

Just wondering will we need anything else, ie: gaskets
Farqui likes this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 16th September 2016, 11:00
Supporter

Car: PM FK2 type r
Garage
I was ready to pull the trigger on this but there are too many unknowns for me, fitment,flow,noise levels ( DB's mean nothing to me) and quality, need some re-assurance.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 17th September 2016, 12:27

Car: 2009 CTR GT, Albaster Silver
Eco display
Is it 3 inch all the way through the system?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 29th September 2016, 12:47 Thread Starter
Dealers
** Thread starter **

A couple of pictures for you guys. Also to be emailed to everyone who has pre-ordered. The pre-order price is still valid until Monday October 3rd.

dweezle and Farqui like this.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 21st October 2016, 05:46 Thread Starter
Dealers
** Thread starter **

Today is the last day for pre-orders. At 3 PM Finland time (1 PM UK) the price will go up to 1090 euros plus shipping.

Thanks for everyone's patience. We did expect a good response to our hard work and effort put into the R & D, but the amount of pre-orders has been overwhelming and some materials ran out of our stock, causing a bit of a delay on deliveries. Going forward from here, we aim to keep these systems in stock as we do with the FN2. We truly appreciate your trust and are definitely motivated to keep upping our game when it comes to #MarteliusSound
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 22:27
Supporter

Any discount if I order mine soon? 😊
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 22:28
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarteliusExhaust View Post
Today is the last day for pre-orders. At 3 PM Finland time (1 PM UK) the price will go up to 1090 euros plus shipping.

Thanks for everyone's patience. We did expect a good response to our hard work and effort put into the R & D, but the amount of pre-orders has been overwhelming and some materials ran out of our stock, causing a bit of a delay on deliveries. Going forward from here, we aim to keep these systems in stock as we do with the FN2. We truly appreciate your trust and are definitely motivated to keep upping our game when it comes to #MarteliusSound
Any Christmas discount if I order now? 😊

Civinfo > vendors > Martelius Exhausts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page