2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Another new car, Monte Carlo edition M3

8K views 95 replies 20 participants last post by  B16a2vtiguy 
#1 ·
So after selling the R8 to start my own business I wanted a more practical toy that I could enjoy more without so must worry.

Here it is, when I was first looking at E92 M3's I really wanted one of these but I just couldn't justify the extra price so I ended up with the white one.

I adore the colour and the blue stitching and details all over the interior is lovely.

Decent spec too, in addition to the Monte Carlo edition extras it also has....

-Dct
-Edc
-19's
-Carbon interior trim
-Heated seats
-PDC front and rear
-Auto wipers
-Auto lights
-Auto dimming mirrors
-Adaptive lights
-Interior light package
-Exterior light package
-Usb
-Pro Nav
-Voice control
-Bluetooth pack
-Hifi loudspeaker
-Hogh gloss exterior trim
-Sun protection

A few pics as it is now, as always lots planned for her!

See less See more
Reactions: KnightTemplar
#6 ·
It's great, obviously very similar to my previous M3! Will do the same tuning at some point.:smile3:

Nice looking car, ashame it's an m3 thou [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers, not following you why it's a shame though? :frown2:

Reactions: Farqui
#8 ·
I get what you mean but I do disagree. I've had a e46 M3 and another e92. I will agree to a non car person they don't stand out, but the non car person doesn't see the differences in a lot of other 'upgraded' regular models.
The M3 is obviously a revised 3 series, so obviously being based on a 3 series it's going to look pretty similar. It's always been the same with old bmw's too, it's no different to Audi Rs4, Rs6 Lexus ISF etc in the sense that it doesn't stand out as a different model to non car people.
The funny part is that despite this they share very little parts, the M3 only uses 20% of the normal 3 series parts.

I don't think they look too like the other model though if I'm honest as obviously I'm a car guy, if you put a 330ci next to a e46 M3 or a 335i next to a e92 m3 and you can't tell the difference easily I'd be amazed. The presence they have over the 'lesser' models is blatant!

Engine wise I also see your point but disagree again, it's just a sign of the times that anything with a turbo can be very fast, but they don't have the sense of being special, the linear power etc. M cars are about being drivers cars, not outright performance.
A friend has a highly tuned diesel 330d it wouldn't touch the M3 in a straight line and that's before you get to a track. (Obviously you can make a 335i/330d etc faster) but then show the m car the same tuning and it will win again.

So I guess what I'm saying is don't compare apples with pears!

#9 ·
Fitted some carbon splitters today :D

I also did the 2016 map update.

Never mind the White mark on the bumper, it's a dead fly not a stone chip

#10 ·
Ok so I'm struggling not to buy things here

Just ordered LCI rear lights and new genuine facelift Bmw center caps (originals going milky)
I don't think a carbon rear spoiler and comp pack wheels will be far behind :)

#11 ·
So i fitted LCI lights and new center caps, had a little mooch out to the evo triangle.

Heres a few pics

#15 ·
A few more updates

-Fitted new DRL bulbs
-Bought the Carly app and wifi dongle and coded the following
*LCI rear lights
*Fog lights off in brake force lighting
*Xenons on when unlock the car
*Chirp sound when locking car
*Folding mirrors when locking car
*True speed on digital speedo
*Angel eye brightness highest setting
*Seat belt bong noise off
*Seat belt butlers off

-Painted the exhaust tips black (these should be black anyway on the Monte Carlo edition but someone had fitted a new backbox with exhaust mod and chrome tips).

I also bought a dodo juice DA polisher so I'll have a go with that over the weekend weather permitting.

Should be treating the car to another gift tomorrow :)

#19 ·
Fitted my new genuine Bmw carbon performance splitter today.:D
Not cheap but the fitment is perfect!

Gave the car a proper going over today, washed, clay bar'd, washed, polished with DA, polished by hand, waxed by hand. Wheels throughly cleaned and tyres all dressed.

Looking very shiny now and totally worth the hard work! :cool:

I'll get some proper pics again soon once I've got the next mod :rolleyes:

Here's a super quick iPhone pic of the spoiler fitted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.