2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Ollie's 2010 2.2 FK3 EX GT

Tags
2.2 derv ebc fk3 mod
2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  olliewills 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

Welcome to the mod thread for my 2010 FK3. I've wanted to do one of these on pretty much any car but only since I've discovered the 8G Civic did all the pieces fall into place.

The Car

I recently purchased a 2010 5 door FK3 Diesel as a result of a new addition to the family being due in a few weeks and so needing a car with more than 3 doors! My previous (and still currently owned) car is a 2009 1.8 CTS. You might ask why I'm not modding that and the simple answer is we don't need two cars and the CTS will soon be up for sale. The Derv is an EX GT model with all the toys and is currently on a mileage of 37,000 with full Honda history. I'm hoping she'll make a good basis for future mods.

The Plan

I suspect this mod thread will be something of a slow-burner given money isn't in great supply and with my time soon to be taken up by a little one. My wish list/progress so far is as follows:

To Do:

• Clean EGR valve
  • Condition engine with full suite of BG products
  • Braided Goodridge lines and Motul RBF600
  • Team Heko Wind Deflectors
  • Gear knob & gaiter
  • Full interior and exterior lighting upgrade
  • Painted calipers
  • Footwell lighting
  • 'Type D' badge
  • Foglight protectors
  • Replace perspex grille
  • New alloys
  • Wheel spacers
  • Eibach lowering springs
  • Celtic Stage 1 Remap
  • CC Single plate clutch and SMF
  • FMIC
  • FRSU

Done:

• EBC Slotted discs and Yellowstuff pads all around

First Mod!

So, to get started today I put EBC slotted discs and Yellowstuff pads on the front of the car. I also have discs and pads for the rear which I'll try and install next weekend. After I finished up today I took the car out for a run and everything seems to be fine. I followed two great how-to's on here from Sfinx and Relic to get the job done and the only snag I hit was in trying to remove the disc screws. I struggled to get purchase on them without rounding them. I think I tried every pozidrive bit I own but thankfully I eventually found one that managed to bite enough to pop them free. You really do need a perfect-fitting bit for this!

I was little worried when I first took the car out and had a little juddering when coming to a halt but it subsided after a while and I can only assume it was due to the black coating on the friction surface slowly rubbing away. The friction surfaces are now shiny metal and braking seems smoother. I'm driving to work tomorrow morning but I'll take it easy and see how she feels in a proper road test. I also took the opportunity to give the front alloys a deep clean and seal so hopefully they're now protected for winter.

A few pics of the days work:

Mid-install chaos!

Fresh metal!

Groovy!

A subtle mod...

More to come ASAP!

See less See more
#4 ·
Good work [emoji3]
Cheers pal, it's the start of a very long list but it feels good to get going on it! With any luck I'll be able to keep the smaller, cheaper mods trickling through after the little one arrives. For the bigger stuff I'll just have to find a way to earn more money or win the lottery!

#5 ·
I just find them a little too fussy for my liking pal. They're also a pain to clean with all the different indentations. I'm generally a fan of more open wheels and I've gotten used to the OEM 5-spokes on my CTS. If ever I get my wish of new alloys I think I'd like white ones, think that'd look cool with the polished metal paint.

#6 ·
Updating the wishlist:

• Clean EGR valve
  • Condition engine with full suite of BG products
  • Braided Goodridge lines and Motul RBF600
  • Team Heko Wind Deflectors
  • Gear knob & gaiter
  • Full interior and exterior lighting upgrade
  • Painted calipers
  • Footwell lighting
  • 'Type D' badge
  • Foglight protectors
  • Replace perspex grille
  • New alloys
  • Wheel spacers
  • Eibach lowering springs
  • Celtic Stage 1 Remap
  • CC Single plate clutch and SMF
  • FMIC
  • FRSU
  • Install DRLs
  • Short-shifter
  • Inlet Manifold de-coke
  • Kat-sock
  • Any other idea I can steal from @Farqui !

Reactions: Farqui
#8 ·
Should I be looking at spacers too or best to avoid? Usual set up seems to be 15/20mm for the 5dr.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.