2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Nox' SilveR Surfer

77K views 1K replies 59 participants last post by  Noxia 
#1 ·
Thought it was about time I had one of these but I'm not apologising for the absence of pics for what looks like a stock FN2!

Since owning I've retro fitted some OEM stuff, aluminium fuel cap and front grill badge + side decals.
I've also added an HKS RSK and some bulbs from Mr JP.

I do have plans for the car this year but I'm not going to list any of it yet as I prefer to say after something's been done.
Nothing crazy like chargers or turbos but enough to keep up with the fellow subtle modders I hope :)

Will add pics later. I would say watch this space but as all the plans I have will have been seen before, I'll save you the effort of checking back in a hurry ;)

#5 ·
Doesn't matter if its been done before. Its your car and if you are going to start a mods thread then get your pics up and be proud! :cool:

It also gives you something to look back on in a few years when you have done everything you said you wouldn't (side decals do lead to superchargers / turbos / nos etc - its the start of a slippery slope. lol). You can at least see where it all went went wrong. :facepalm:

#13 ·
Why don't you want use flashpro? If you buy flashpro it comes with the pre installed map called Group N. This map can be used with a standard car and will massively transform the torque available. You don't need to do anything other than buy the Flashpro unit and then install the map, which is easy to do.

#15 ·
A custom map is fine after you have added all the parts you want. The group N map works fine with no other mods and is a great place to start. No other single mod on its own will provide such a transformation to your cars performance (turbos and superchargers excluded).

Find someone locally who has it fitted and see if you can have a run out in their car. You'll be really impressed at the difference.

#17 ·
Group N map is safe and I ran it for a couple of months before I had my custom map installed.

RRC etc is generally for people who wish to get the best out of their N/a setup. They're not needed for charging.

I'm not technically minded but you pick stuff up as you go along. Also speak to a tuner such as TDI or CPL and they will tell you what the best option is for the money you want to spend.

No questions is stupid - that is what forums are for - to share knowledge.:)

#18 ·
RRC + tb + flashpro will bring good mid range power without mega bucks. really need a race header to remove the cat tho

#23 ·
Fitting the RRC and TB is relatively straightforwward just a couple of hours labour, those won't give you what your looking for though mate, a custom flashpro map will more than likely lower your Vtec crossover meaning your on high cams earlier however your midrange will still be pretty gutsy and your midrange torque will "dip" on your dyno print as the cat is so restrictive :( the only way to get noticeable midrange gains is to go with a manifold, but before you do, investigate where there is a "friendly" tester nearby do that you don't have the afore mentioned hassle with MOT!

The RRC and TB are mainly going to give you peak gains, you'll find that when modifying you change one part, it'll create a bottleneck somewhere else, thing is if you change just the RRC and TB you won't see much gain as the stock intake cannot pull in anymore air to take advantage of these parts, similarly the stock intake pipe is a bottleneck in itself and so cannot pull more air into the RRC, then the stock cams cannot pull in more air and the stock exhaust can't expell anymore air, NA tuning is very very expensive, if you want big midrange and don't want to decat, I would say go for a charger, Robbiharry is selling one just now, I know you said you didn't want to spend thousands but in the long run that would be cheaper ;)

Just my opinion

#24 ·
Good advice there Dave and a nice write up.

Noxia thread needs more pictures :p

#30 ·
Well my original plan was to not mod. Then I got an RSK. I've got a Martelius on route and thinking FP to finish it off.
Then when I've got the funds I can think about charging. I just worry that without much tech knowledge I might not look after it as well as I should.
Car going to Performance Autoworks in Gloucester to have exhaust fitted and to give my car another 3 year service as I don't trust the dealer I bought it from to have done it properly.

#37 ·
Little update, getting the Martelius fitted on Friday 13th and callipers painted black. I'm not having the type r highlighted as I have decals and I think it's a bit overkill personally.
Found out I got 3 years of free servicing too at Honda! So will be getting the 3 year done this month as the dealer did it before and I don't trust them (Evans Halshaw).

Also got a can of this as I heard its worth a pop:

Oh, and I'll have a Flashpro on the 25th. So all my plans for the year seem to be getting done in the first month!

#40 ·
Oh, and I'll have a Flashpro on the 25th. So all my plans for the year seem to be getting done in the first month!
haha yeah I look back at my thread and when I've said I've got plans for next year etc I always have got it booked within a month! Too hard to wait once you have decided what you want!

Looking good mate keep us updated and let us know what the martelius is like! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.