2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Craig's CW Type r

36K views 244 replies 62 participants last post by  Craigieboy902 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up my second type r last week after selling my SS civic type r.

Still loved my Ep3 but just wanted a change and a something more modern. Anyway a train down to stoke on trent last week and came back with this. (with one of these on my face the whole way home :-D ) :lol:

Comes with a some extras, Sat Nav, Rages, HFT, And park ass. After a an hour of fiddling about with all the toys i had figured everything out. The whole phone/ipod intigration is great all worked through the sat nav screen. Previous owner looked after it really well immaculate inside and out just what i was after as my my old civic was mint.

Already added a few bit n bobs:

White sidelight bulbs (from james MR JP CTR) as the oem one's look crap next to the hids.

Wind deflectors:

Postman Brought me this today :D:D:D

On holiday next week so will get round to fitting it. Insructions dont look to bad just clips, screws and uncliping some trim.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looking sweeeet:D
Keep the mods coming.
How many chimp white fn2's in Scotland?

Reactions: FoCuSN70
#9 ·
Nice car :) never seen this car before as I live by stoke on Trent so they must of kept it well hidden lol were they a member on here?

Will look a different car with gp kit fitted :) check my build thread if you want for ideas or see how things look on the CW but have deep pockets at hand lol

#12 ·
Well fitted the gp pack yesterday and got some pics this morning, It was pretty straight forward undoing all the bolts, screws and plugs apart from the actual removal of the front bumper itself. Nearly gave up at this point as the instructions just say now remove front bumper with no explanation. Back was much easier, But got there eventually. Also upgraded the fog lights while i had the front off aswell, so all the front lights match.

Transforms the car imo :WOOT :

Ordered a new gaitor as oem needs replacing.

And i will have to give these some attention, really letting the car down :lol: Any suggestions what would go good with the white ????

#15 · (Edited)
And i will have to give these some attention, really letting the car down :lol: Any suggestions what would go good with the white ????

I went gold, white 'type', red 'R'
My build thread has a pic: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/85491-predators-project.html

There is also a general thread with other combinations that members have posted pics of to give you some inspiration: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/86802-show-me-your-painted-calipers.html

The car is looking awesome as well. The kit is a big improvement on OEM.

I like the backdrop in the pics. Where is that?

#17 ·
Great work, big fan of the GP kit, some nice reflection shots as well

I'm hoping to get the Grand Prix kit soon through the Civinfo group buy. I also need to paint my callipers. I would like to have them painted in metallic deep red, same colour as the R badge. Then lettering black and R in championship white. Will have to look into this.

How much did you pay for your GP kit?

Cheers John :D

#22 ·
Yep lol

Aahhhh I've been wondering that when looking at some build threads, thinking what's the point in covering up the fogs making them useless. Suppose it's just like a heavy tint then,does it also help against them cracking I've read they crack easily ?? They do look good against the gp pack though.

What's his username ???

#25 ·
Update

Fitted new gaitor as original was a bit tatty, And while i was installing the gp pack swapped over the fog light bulbs so all the lights match.

In need of some replacement centre caps as mine have seen better days. All four of them are all flaking at the edge, Dont understand why as the alloys are in great condition. Pics dont really reflect the flaking actually looks much worse.

Honda For replacements is it ????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.