2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Wrapping the dash

7K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Dakduif 
#1 · (Edited)
After seeing other forum members gave their shot at wrapping their dash, I tried doing it myself. And I was surprised how easy it actually was.

Even though this looked kinda scary for me, it was really easy to pull the dash surrounding out.

Before

Halfway through

After making cuts, is was really easy to make the holes for the controls. To make the wrap extra flexible I used a hairdryer, it just makes everything so much easier

And finished

All cables reconnected and (thank god) everything worked as before.

I know most of the carbon dash wraps use the carbon weave in the same direction, but I kinda liked the 'tunnel vision' it created with the instrument cluster in the middle.

It just looks so much better than before. And even though it isn't perfect in some spots, for a first time trying something like this I'm really satisfied with the outcome.

It took me about three hours, with the important coffee breaks included.

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks guys!

It is surprisingly easy. There is a detailed description in the how to section, but you just have to make sure you pull your steering wheel all the way towards you and down (to make room for pulling the plastic bit), then you pull the plastic surrounding between the steering wheel and the dash. After you pulled that you see 2 screws. Unscrew them and disconnect all the cables for start, vsa and the aircon controls and firmly pull it out and voilà

#12 ·
Nice job, well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I found some caliper paint lying around for a few months already, finally took the time to paint the brake calipers.

And with the wheels on

And sadly, paint has to dry, which meant that I had to wait. Which meant I took some more carbon vinyl to cover up the ugly, in your face, dealer sticker on the license plate holder.

It seems that in about a year, my whole car is covered in carbon vinyl if it goes on like this haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.