Looking for a Type S spoiler for a 5 door... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 19th April 2017, 22:24 Thread Starter

Looking for a Type S spoiler for a 5 door...

Hi all,

I recently joined and the last time I joined a car forum like this was back in club323f - oh I miss those Mazda 323F glory days, had the silver Estoril Edition!

Anyway I recently brought myself a mk8 5 door Honda Civic si 1.4 hatchback in black with a low mileage, I always wanted this car, no always dreamt of having this car! So finally I saved up enough to buy one after many years.

I looked around for spoilers, read most of the threads on topic and kinda made my choice. I take it a Type S spoiler would fit this 5 door hatchback. Well upon scouring the web I mainly came across Type R or Type R Replica spoilers guessing due to it's popularity so was wondering if anyone out there could point me to the right direction or even better sell me their unwanted Type S spoiler (if it’s in black already the better)

Also I'd like to thank civicinfo for providing me a wealth of wiki knowledge and helping me make the decision to convert from Mazdaism to Hondaism
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 20th April 2017, 01:37
Supporter

Car: Red 2010 1.8 I-Vtec SE-T
Garage
Hi.

This is the one I bought for my 5 door.

Genuine Honda Civic 5 Door Boot Spoiler--***CUSTOM PAINTED***-2006-2011 [08F10SMG6**] - £281.56 : Buy Genuine Honda Parts, Honda Car Parts & Honda Spare Parts Online

If you email them your honda civic username you will get a small discount.

easy to fit. has a bracket each end that bolts to the tailgate with adhesive strips going along the underside of the spoiler.

Its painted to your honda colour so takes about 3-4 weeks.

happy with mine.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 20th April 2017, 09:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

That is awesome, thank you bud. Out of curiosity would you happen or anyone know if the seeker spoiler would fit on top of this spoiler? I know with the Type R spoiler
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 20th April 2017, 09:54
Supporter

Car: Red 2010 1.8 I-Vtec SE-T
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashninjaken View Post
That is awesome, thank you bud. Out of curiosity would you happen or anyone know if the seeker spoiler would fit on top of this spoiler? I know with the Type R spoiler
Honestly I don't know to be honest. I know the type R spoiler is different but I wasn't interested in a seeker so got this spoiler. The length of both spoilers I guess are similar. Sorry I can't be more help.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 20th April 2017, 10:15
Supporter

Car: NHB FN2 CTR GT
I wouldn't have thought so, the r spoiler is a different shape.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 20th April 2017, 17:23 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hmm just been doing a bit of thinking about this one so it's about £377.88 incl VAT for the genuine Type S spoiler painted, yes you might get a little discount but I'm guessing not much as I haven't enquired about it yet.

The Type R replica would cost you £91.66 off of ebay, add a lick of paint it may go up to about £180 or something as it's already primed.

In addition you can get the seeker spoiler off of ebay for £99.99

So conclusion I can do all that and it'll be less then £377.88 in total

Hmm back to the drawing board as folks here seem to report the replica type r off of ebay is good quality and does the job, ahhhh can't decide how to splash the money, anyone got any suggestions what to do? should I just stick with my original plan and just get the Type S instead of thinking about the potential? what would you do?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Styling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page