2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

FN2 Modification Chat

139K views 2K replies 72 participants last post by  DPG87 
#1 · (Edited)
Rather than bombarding individual mod threads, agree with musegroove that there should be a thread dedicated to mod tips, suggestions and questions for fn2 modding.

@nub
@musegroove @Lamberto

At anyone else, but the three above are the main protagonists. :smile3:

#4 ·
Ooh, saves me chasing your discussions between your two build threads haha. On a serious note, it should make for a good thread :nerd:

Reactions: bakes222 and flashy
#5 ·
When I look at headers all the aftermarket ones look about twice as long as the oem one. Is that because the oem cat pipe is quite long? Considering the piper mani as it's the only one I can find with a sports cat option. I saw a thread on solid fabrications doing them but not sure if they still are? How easy is the install and fit of these headers? I think this will have to be my next power mod.

#6 ·
The length of the oem manifold is about getting the cat close to the engine for getting up to temperature quickly thus having better cold start emissions I believe. Aftermarket manifolds remove the cat restriction and so they can focus on tuning the primary and secondary (if 4-2-1) lengths for the desired power band.

Reactions: bakes222 and flashy
#8 ·
TDi North fitted mine as I was getting it mapped at the same time, an hours labour I think it was. Fitting is as you say. With the cat removed there is no need for the secondary lambda sensor (disabled in Flashpro).

#10 ·
It is a pain without a cat I must admit. I got lucky at my last MOT but I'd rather not risk it again so I'll be sorting out a drop in cat section before it comes around again in March. I wonder whether anyone has ever tried welding in a cat at the bottom of a Tegiwa manifold before, I suppose there isn't much room but that'd surely be a neat solution with benefits of both.

#44 ·
You got lucky?
There is no luck involved, you would fail emissions every single time with no cat [emoji3]

This has been done before on EP3 manis, it would not be possible on FN2 I think due to the bend. Just do what others do and put it somewhere within the cat back. There's loads of places to put it. Muse done the best job and as I type this I'm aware the question may have already been answered as I'm quoting a post on page 1/3. Anyway we've talked about that so much, muss you should create a topic with pics and a tutorial so we can just link to it and don't need to explain it every single time. I think it was muse that did it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Yeah I'd seen that. I was contemplating doing the same but with it as a bolted section. Also considering a silenced section there to drop the exhaust volume a little as I want to hear more from the intake again haha

#14 ·
I missed the original title, did you call it "nubs banter corner"? xD

#45 ·
You can buy all different sizes on EBay if it's just going to be a temporary sports cat, removed cone MOT time. Otherwise you'll want to buy one more expensive and long lasting. you'd want 2.5" I guess and 200 Cell. The key is to buy one as short as possible and not much larger in diameter than your pipe. Solid fab ones are very short and small, I don't know where he gets his as I can't find one as small on EBay etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
You need to buy the right one for your mainfold i.e solid fabs / piper as they're custom fit.

If you want a chop job just the right diameter and cel rating really. Maybe length / width but there's plenty of room.

#27 ·
Cat or manifold?

If manifold, they will all fit your milltek :)
If it's a piper or solids fab cat attached to the manifold they'll also fit.. albeit being a pig to do so according to TDi.

#28 ·
Ah ok, so if I want a sports cat that bolts on I have to have the corresponding mani, but all bolt on sports cats will fit my milltek? Cool. So, it's solid fabs or piper. If I get a decay mani like teg or cpl then I have to chop a cat into the b pipe?

#29 ·
Yep.

You can't mix and match piper or SF cats without chopping but both will bolt on.

For decats a chopped 2.5" 200 / 400 cell will work just fine. You can get tapered ones too that start at 2" and go up to 3" where you just chop the taper to fit your pipe size.

Reactions: flashy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.