2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Brake upgrade priorities

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pablooow91 
#1 ·
Hi all.

It is general consensus that the standard FN2 brakes can do with improvement. I plan to do the majority of upgrades (pads, discs, line and fluids) and was wondering if any of these parts made a significant difference by themselves in regards to brake fade as I will probably end up upgrading in stages.

I am thinking Ferodo DS2500 pads, Brembo slotted discs, Hel brake lines and Montul RBF 600 Fluid.

Which of these would be most effective at combating brake fade for moderate track use or is it a case of break performance only being as good as the weakest link?

Also are there any qualms with using OEM discs on the rear for track use? I was planning to upgrade the front discs initially and use the Ferodo pads on the OEM rears initially.

Any help is appreciated

#4 ·
As above.

Pads and fluid mostly dictate brake fade. Discs at standard size of any brand aren't going to be appreciably better over the oem supply, so stick with them come replacement (unless you want a certain look from them).
Braided lines improve brake feel quite nicely but ultimately won't increase performance.

The next step beyond this would be caliper or big brake upgrades.

Plenty of choice for pads and it isn't uncommon to leave oem on the rear as they don't get much use. If you do have a more aggressive pad up front then you'll have a bit more rear bias in daily driving as they usually won't bite as much until warm. Nothing to worry about though. I quite like the Ferodos myself, others don't. It's trial and error for what you'll like I'm afraid haha

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.