2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

AlloyGator came out it self!! (Need help)

Other 
16K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  22350 
#1 ·
I installed alloy gator around 3 weeks ago. But, one of alloy gator was came out it self. Yesterday, I was driving less than 40 mph on straight road, suddenly the car began to make strange noise, it was sounds like a tung, tung. I stopped the car as soon as I heard the noise. when I looked at the car, alloy gator, the front of passenger side one was came out. I check the tyre pressure and it was fine, I can't tell the exact pressure, as I didn't have the measurement. the half of alloygator was came out and another half was still hold on alloy. I guess the noise was from half that came out part, which was hitting a road and the car. I sent the e-mail to alloy gator, but they didn't reply for it. Now I'm so worry about the rest of alloy gator. It could be cause for the serious accident, if I was on the motor way. What should I do with it?
If the alloy gator, is safe, I would install again.

#2 ·
There are so many questions i want to ask, but i'll start with this:

It sounded like a what?

#4 ·
Oh right.. by the sounds of it these things are something to be avoided by all in the future, heard nothing but bad things.

#9 ·
I just sent the picture of the wheel/tyre combination. I'd like to upload the picture, but I don't know how to do that. According to the company, the problem of loosing the air is cutting problem. I guess it must be a line with another side, so you might need some special tool to cut clear. that's all I know so far. I'll keep uploading!!

#10 ·
The company says the problem was the Yokohama tyres, which has strange side-wall

that doesn't meet the wheel until is 10-20mm into the wheel.

the company offer a polishing the wing side, that has been marked when alloygator came away from the alloy.

The company seems to have good customer care. But, I still need to get advice for rest of alloygators on my car

#13 ·
The company offer the full refund + polishing cost. In my opinion, the product was great. I had black alloygators on black alloy, it was looking quite nice, batter than silver on silver alloy. they said they'er on process for this kind of tyres. I'd get new product and + polishing, if I can get sort out by my self. they says they've been travelling the UK to put the alloy gator, if customer needs a help to put them on alloy. I'd recommend to get this service, if someone is going to buy.

#14 ·
Good news, all problems were sorted today!! Finally, Alloygator sent someone to polish the part that had been marked form Alloygator, and fully refunded the cost of Alloygator. The company after service is great as they provide the good service to me. I'd like to get the another Alloygator if I change the tyres. The product did a good job especially when I parked the car, and made some point to on the alloys. I think Alloygator is look great on Civic as the car inspire from the triangle. I'll post some pics, if I found some. If someone was thinking of getting it, then go for it the company after service is great!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.