2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

9th Civic Safety

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  NH Dan 
#1 ·
#3 ·
There was no problem with the 8th generation civic although it was rated with 4 stars before 2008! The 9th generationcivic will be one of the safer cars in it's category!

#5 ·
#6 ·
1. my driving style would make this cmbs go off to often... somethimes before you overtake, you just need to get near that tail

2. have you noticed that side curtains go off in a head crash? Is that on purpose to make car unrepairable in terms of costs e.g. you get a "small" bump and all airbags go off?

#8 ·
1. my driving style would make this cmbs go off to often... somethimes before you overtake, you just need to get near that tail
On other cars the system's only active when traveling under a certain speed, around 25mph I think. So basically only town driving and when pulling off, when you'll need it the most.

I'd imagine it's the same on the Civic, it would be plain dangerous cutting in at 70 on a motorway.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I've already got an anti-collision device. Mine is called keeping a safe distance from the car in front and watching where I'm going :) I do see a lot of cars without this device though, it seems to activate the brake lights every few seconds, even on free flowing Motorways !

#10 ·
Ah ok, haven't actually watxhed the video yet lol, probably should :p I hope there's some way to turn it off then, as you said, the last thing you need when you're overtaking is for the car to stick the brakes on...

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.