2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2x Single Din into Double Din?

Head Unit 
2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  total_k-os 
#1 ·
Apologies if this has been asked before/ a rediculously easy question to answer (I hope it is yes) just want to confirm before I go buying things.

If I purchase the double din facia/ adaptor kit can I fit in my single din headunit & storage cubby (also single din) into it (as I had previously in my golf, although no adaptor needed)

Only reason for asking is that I would like to get a double din in the future, however do not have the funds to at present, hence why I would like to put in my old radio for now :)

Cheers all

#3 ·
thats what I thought...

Only thing thats worrying me really is that when I got new stereo when I had my golf, I thought 'oh yeh ill need an adaptor kit for my single din unit + cubby hole' which I put in then could never get my unit in... unless I was being a complete tool I had to take out the cage for the double din and just put the single din unit in on its own, then the tray, and it fit perfectly, no adaptors needed in the golf... dno if its the same or different in the civic, don't want to break things/ buy things and find I can't do it :(

#4 ·
I must admit I'm unsure whether you should leave a cage in the facia and slot the singledin + pocket or not, but there is plenty of space behind.

Btw its a 103mm cage that you'd need to buy for when you do get a double din HU in the future.

#7 ·
if anyone does have this setup as above (single din unit + cubby hole bit) please post picts :)

Many thanks :D

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.