4Likes
  • 1 Post By Karl Skyman
  • 1 Post By Chubbycloud
  • 1 Post By Chubbycloud
  • 1 Post By rogp1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th March 2019, 20:09 Thread Starter

What tyres for OEM wheels

Hi I daily drive my civic type r and want to keep to stock oem wheels. What are my tyre optons for thicker tyres that give greater longevity.

Will michilin pilot sport 4 tyres fit or what is recommended thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 7th March 2019, 08:09
Batmobiles Rule ✌

Car: FK8
Thanked 1,561 Times in 1,349 Posts
I intend to put PS4’s on mine when the Conti’s have worn out. They’ve got great reviews. I’m going for 255/30 as I know they won’t rub. Want the extra width for possible track day use later. I know you can increase the sidewalk to 35 but it alters the speedometer slightly. That would help slightly with potholes etc.
Thanks to Staffs Deltic from:
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th April 2019, 07:44
Supporter

Car: 2009 2.2 civic ex 5 door
Garage
I’ve just hit 7200 miles and had to look for an Alternative I’ve got for 255/35 Goodyear f1 a2’s you can feel the difference straight away the handling is still as tight but it doesn’t hurt your spine every time you hit a manhole cover.
They do look a lot meaner tho,-they literally fill the wheel arch I can’t even get my hand to inner side of the tyre on the rear anymore! plus at sub £160 I don’t mind if they wear out every 7k
Staffs Deltic likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th April 2019, 16:21
Batmobiles Rule ✌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Skyman View Post
Iíve just hit 7200 miles and had to look for an Alternative Iíve got for 255/35 Goodyear f1 a2ís you can feel the difference straight away the handling is still as tight but it doesnít hurt your spine every time you hit a manhole cover.
They do look a lot meaner tho,-they literally fill the wheel arch I canít even get my hand to inner side of the tyre on the rear anymore! plus at sub £160 I donít mind if they wear out every 7k
Since my first post Iíve looked at a few alternative sizes. PS4S are cheaper at 255/35 than the oem specs. Iíll probably go for them and save about £50 a tyre.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th April 2019, 06:03
Living the dream!

Thanked 1,198 Times in 1,017 Posts
Having fitted 255 35 20 I will confirm the Speedo still over reads but only by around half a mph, however they are a very common size so a lot better priced and more choice. I have covered just over 4k on uniroyal rainsports and have to admit very impressed by them while they cost just over £420 for 4. Fronts not even half worn so they was worth the money.
Thanks to RickHondaR from:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th April 2019, 08:50

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffs Deltic View Post
Since my first post Iíve looked at a few alternative sizes. PS4S are cheaper at 255/35 than the oem specs. Iíll probably go for them and save about £50 a tyre.

Black circles have an offer at the moment on Pilot sport 4, not sure how long it will last though. £15 off if you buy a pair, £40 off a full set. For me it's worked out to £375 fitted for all
scaramanga likes this.
Thanks to Chubbycloud from:
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th April 2019, 12:34
Batmobiles Rule ✌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbycloud View Post
Black circles have an offer at the moment on Pilot sport 4, not sure how long it will last though. £15 off if you buy a pair, £40 off a full set. For me it's worked out to £375 fitted for all
Yes seen that. They usually have offers on. It was 10% off a few weeks back although the tyre price was higher. Iíve seen 255/35 R20 for sale on Camskill cheaper (even after this discount) by a couple of pound. Just keep my eyes peeled for the time being. Not desperate for them yet.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th April 2019, 12:41

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffs Deltic View Post
Yes seen that. They usually have offers on. It was 10% off a few weeks back although the tyre price was higher. Iíve seen 255/35 R20 for sale on Camskill cheaper (even after this discount) by a couple of pound. Just keep my eyes peeled for the time being. Not desperate for them yet.
Ahh I may have got a bit exited about that offer then Iíve always leased so literally never had to buy tyres before aha..
Staffs Deltic likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th May 2019, 16:28

Car: My 2017 Sonic Grey 1.5 Sport
Garage
New Goodyear F1 Asy 5 just come out
thieftakers likes this.

Civinfo > Civic Type R > 10G Type R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in