2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Neat Phone Charger

Phone 
3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  generationgav 
#1 ·
For those folks with the HFT who need to charge there phone, this is quite neat

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/6583.htm

It matches the car pretty well and lights up blue, so fits well with the rest of the lighting. It comes with tips for most phones and also iPod and PDAs

#5 ·
I was thinking of keeping my phone in the centre box of the console, removing the ashtray to gain more room (as the slide cover fits either way). I will then hard wire from the back of the cigarette lighter which can be easily accessed through to a fused single or double socket which will stay in the centre box. I bought a cheap phone holder that will fit in the centre box so the phone sits just below the slide cover. Hopefully this will keep the phone charged, give me easy access to it and be out of sight when needed with plenty of room still in the centre box -
Only Problem I have is - got the phone holder, sockets, front and rear speakers, polish but no car (4 weeks and counting.)

#7 ·
Thats quite nice looking as chargers go, shame that on the latest range of phones Nokia have now changed their charger socket size (about 50% smaller than before) so my phone isnt supported yet.

I Will bookmark that site though so when they update the connectors I can buy one.

#8 ·
There is a comment at the bottom that does say you can get the smaller end for the iGo to suit the smaller Nokias.

*iTip A01 for Nokia phones is not compatible with newer style Nokia phones with smaller charging connectors. Please click here to purchase the correct iGo tip - A69.

#9 ·
Bigian said:
I was thinking of keeping my phone in the centre box of the console, removing the ashtray to gain more room (as the slide cover fits either way). I will then hard wire from the back of the cigarette lighter which can be easily accessed through to a fused single or double socket which will stay in the centre box. I bought a cheap phone holder that will fit in the centre box so the phone sits just below the slide cover. Hopefully this will keep the phone charged, give me easy access to it and be out of sight when needed with plenty of room still in the centre box -
Only Problem I have is - got the phone holder, sockets, front and rear speakers, polish but no car (4 weeks and counting.)
I keep my phone in the "big" compartment when I need it to charge, as there is now 4 cig sockets in there.

#10 ·
SUPERTEACH said:
Fedorov said:
Cool, thanks, just ordered a screen protector for my wife's Sony K750i from them, good quick delivery, will use them again.
Does the 750i work well in the car?
Yea, works fine, useful having the HFT, when we go out I sometimes just leave my i-mate Jam at home cos it doesn't matter which phone we take out with us it's the SAME HFT interface and voice commands :)

#11 ·
#12 ·
pjelsworth said:
generationgav said:
I keep my phone in the "big" compartment when I need it to charge, as there is now 4 cig sockets in there.
Good idea. I was actually thinking of this http://www.dashmount.co.uk/feb06/711048.htm but your plan might be better
I have this; http://www.brodit.com/images/633734-4.jpg for my satnav; I then run a cable from the "big" storage area to here; but my phone stays in the big storage area; it also gives me room for up to 4 adaptors if needed and I can change them easily and hide them away when they're not in use.

Also my fixing unit doesn't look quite as neat but it's dead easy to remove and put back on without any effort; nice to unclip it if I'm parking in a not to savory area.

Will try and get photos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.