2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

new owner civic type s need heeeeeeelp

766 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  gji honda 
#1 ·
:)hi guys i have type s and i want upgrade to type R alloys,front gril(black with red H) and back lights whole strip can somebody tell me where i can buy this parts? and can i do it my self or i need to go to garage?thanks for any help and il will post some pic as soon as i can :)

#3 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum :ciao:

All that is a straight swap and pretty easy to do, just take your time as most of this is attached by clips that snap easily, especially the front grill. Do a search, there are plenty how to-s on changing the grill and light strip, they even pop up from time to time in for sale section, and you can always try e-bay.

Oh and red H is kinda Type R thing and there are some sensible people here that feel strongly about putting the red H on a non Type R car ;) but you can get the same grill with silver or black H that also looks damn good!

#5 ·
Oh and red H is kinda Type R thing and there are some sensible people here that feel strongly about putting the red H on a non Type R car ;) but you can get the same grill with silver or black H that also looks damn good!
Tell 'em to shove it :lol:

hi guys i have type s and i want upgrade to type R alloys,front gril(black with red H) and back lights whole strip can somebody tell me where i can buy this parts? and can i do it my self or i need to go to garage?thanks for any help and il will post some pic as soon as i can

The alloys are a straight swap, will have no issues there. You can get them on eBay or on the For Sale section of this forum from time to time.
The Type-R grill is available second hand again, or from a dealer such as Cox:
Genuine Honda Civic Type-R Replica Front Grille [TYPERREPLICAGRILLE] - £132.50 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories

The light strip is more difficult - it's very expensive from Honda and so you'll need to find this second hand. I can't see what year Civic you have but if it's 06-08 then you will need the brake lights too, and will need to modify the connectors etc to make it all fit as the lights operate differently and have different shaped connectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.