2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Im Test driving 1.6 diesel

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Smeepers 
#1 ·
Got a phone call from my local Honda dealer (pheonix in Stirling) inviting me to test drive and review the new 1.6 diesel civic next saturday. As a thank you Honda uk will give me a £15 m&s voucher and pheonix will also give me a £10 voucher. I'm curious to see how it will compare to my 8th gen 2.2. I'm still not 100% won over on the styling but it is growing on me. Anyone driven the 1.6 yet? I'll post an honest (although personal) review next weekend when I'm done

#2 ·
I have not driven it but I am sure it will kill the 2.2 in residuals for sure, I am lost why the EX GT spec is not offered but until a Type R is out the 1.6 is the way forward :cool: (As in the best option IMO)

For me the lack of a GT EX is major, I really like to feel if I am spending so much money I have the best available!

#4 · (Edited)
My dealer said I'm the second top spec Civic he sold of the 9th gen (And I bought mine 2 months ago). And although I see some new Civics driving around, I never saw another Executive (EX GT in UK) on the road. In Austria my car seems to be rarer than the new Lamborghini Aventador. :cool: Tons of these on the road...

#6 ·
I had a call from the dealers with the offer of taking one out for a blast. I had some free time so i went along. Great car love everything about it. especially the Tax free expemtion. I have signed on the line for a Black Pearl ES model being delivered on the 01/03. can't wait. I traded in my 1.8si 59 plate Civic. they gave me £1500 over book price to swap as well.

Cheers
Loz:)

#7 ·
I had a call from the dealers with the offer of taking one out for a blast. I had some free time so i went along. Great car love everything about it. especially the Tax free expemtion. I have signed on the line for a Black Pearl ES model being delivered on the 01/03. can't wait. I traded in my 1.8si 59 plate Civic. they gave me £1500 over book price to swap as well.

Cheers
Loz:)
Bear in mind that Honda are currently contributing £1,500 to the new car price. The deal I got not only included the above deduction but also gave me £1,600 more than book on my existing car :D

#15 ·
Had my test drive on Saturday, great car, they have got rid of most of the flaws of the 8th gen (although created some new ones for the 9th) it is a great car, although it would have to be the 2.2 for me, and it is still a bit pricey. was so close to signing for a 2.2 ex, but when I thought about paying 22k for a used hatchback I changed my mind! And it was in yellow topaz. I think I will wait a year or so until the prices drop a bit more. But the test drive confirmed the the new civic will be my next car. The saleswoman was telling me that they are basically shifting all the current stock and then they will all be built to order, not sure how true it is but that could be why they are offering 1500+ off for buyers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.