2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

CIVIC TYPE-R S-GR I-VTEC? Urgent help please

7K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Wilmo 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have seen a FN2 I am supposed to be viewing this morning but its coming up as a CIVIC TYPE-R S-GR I-VTEC.

It is a CTR but never heard of this before.

Is this just a registration mistake from new?

Help would be appreciated :)

#24 ·
I know in Sweden we have Type R, Type R GT and Type R Race but as said. The race shouldnt have A/C or even stereo I think

Reactions: dannyd2134
#27 ·
Did anyone ever find out what the S-GR version is? I checked on https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=honda+civic+type+r# and there is still just the one registered. There has only ever been a maximum of 3!
It was a model listed in all the launch Honda brochures but it was lacking equipment and given a prohibitive delivery timescale. It lacked basic equipment and was meant to get the list price and entry weight low for motorsport. If you can get hold of a 2007 FN2 brochure the "S" grade is listed but as said a small price drop and deliberately extended lead time meant it never went anywhere but tick some boxes to help marketing needs.

#29 ·
Yea I own that one Type R S-GR lol

Checked out this thread before I got it.. it has Air con and cruise. Fogs too just no sat nav..
It has a strange history
Built in Swindon
Sent to the Middle East
(Not registered there tho)
Then went to Honda in Newcastle
So it's not an import apparently

as was worried bout This when I got it

look up typeRowner on YouTube if you want to see it got a channel there

#30 ·
First post, however I now own one of the 3 Type R S-GR cars still listed in the UK

Did anyone ever find out their history, and what makes them different from other models, and why it seems only 4 were ever registered in the UK?

Only information I could find on the internet bought me here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.