2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

ES-T parking camera

3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  lolek74 
#1 ·
Pick up my new car , and was wondering if it possible to get the Rear view parking camera picture to come through the sat nav rather than I-mid?

#7 ·
Considering that neither of them are in view when you're looking out of the rear window, can't see why you wouldn't choose the larger screen tbh. *shrug*

#9 ·
First world problems: Having a back-up camera in addition to front and back parking sensors and arguing on which of the two full color screens it should show... ;)

#11 ·
I don't make much use of the camera. I still use the door mirrors and sensors.

What I do find useful with the camera is that I can ensure I am reversing into a parking slot centrally.

I don't think I would like to complete the manoeuvre solely on the camera.

#19 ·
My camera is an aftermarket from Mr Bozo http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51600. I got this late 2010 and connected it to my pioneer double din. When I sold my civic in 2012, I transferred the camera to my CRV and its still working beautifully. No matter how dirty my car is, the view is brilliant. And rain or dew does not affect the camera view :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I didn't wash mine for it's first 3 weeks due to cold/rain/snow/bone idle/etc.

The back end was filthy but the camera view was still fine.

If I had a choice of only one or the other it would be sensors for me.

#18 ·
The camera is a nice gimmic, but I think I'll opt for sensors front and rear.
Reason for asking is that the 2.2 I'v driven had dirt on the lens

#20 ·
I decided to go for sensors front and rear. Did a testdrive in the 1.6 DTEC today, great car! It will 99% certain be my next car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.