2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Dash Command App

Computer 
5K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  lrthumwood 
#1 ·
After fitting my new head unit and pondering whether or not to get the ridiculously priced Pioneer cable and apple cable to enable the "App" function of the stereo I've been looking at available apps to see whether I can justify the £130 for the cables I've come across "dash command" it looks rather interesting and seems like it could be useful - or probably just look cool :)

Has anyone got this dash command app ? If so do I need anything other than the £130 pioneer and apple cables to make it work ? And is it any good ??

Cheers for any info :)

#4 ·
I have this set-up mate. I bought the dongle first and just viewed it on my iphone, but then bought the pioneer cable and its pretty cool seeing it on the main screen.

My only gripe is that i couldn't find a dongle with an on/off switch, but its easy to remove and just plug in when needed.I just forget a lot of the time to insert it and would prefer it to plugged in all the time with some sort of on/off switch function.

#8 ·
I think it would, as its constantly throwing out a bluetooth signal and unfortunately the obd port has constant power

#7 ·
Well it happened to me lol. I think since my car gets little use, then the battery was probably a little low anyway. I think if you use your car on a daily basis then it would be fine.

#9 ·
Yes, it has a permanent live from the OBD2 connector and draws a small amount of power. I can see mine is on from the fact that it remains lit up when the car is off!

#11 · (Edited)
#20 ·
#23 ·
Do the wifi ones work with Android, or only iDevices?

Also, I leave my bluetooth OBD2 scanner in all the time. Only time I had trouble was when I didn't use the car for three weeks. But a week / week and a half gave no battery trouble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.