2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

I can get insured on a Lambo at 21

9K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  civicnewbie 
#1 ·
When i turn 21 i can get insured on a Lamborghini Aventador for £1098.81

lol what the heck?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i need now is like.... 400k

#2 ·
That's £200 pound less than I paid to insure my Capri over 20 years ago :lol:

#3 ·
hahah

At least my Type r insurance is going down from £1700 to just under £700 - (if i decide to keep it instead of getting the Lambo ;) )

AND by the way everything i entered was correct for the lambo qoute.. i even got a qoute for a Ferrari 458 for a grand lol

#4 ·
Time to splash out and get yourself a Lambo :lol:
How insurance companies correlate there prices is beyond me!

#5 ·
What's the excess though, find it hard to believe a 400k car has the same policy details as a standard car and can cost less to insure, some guys on here have been quoted thousands for a type r worth £15k:confused:

#7 ·
You've also got to remember that the biggest part of the premium is your third party liability. Have you ever noticed that premiums don't really do down as the car loses value.

Insurance premium is = likelihood of crashing (age, gender, experience) X impact if you do crash (how much it will cost to fix)

In the event of a claim a lot of the costs now are: Insurance admin, claims management company cost, legal fees and personal injury compensation.

Actual repairs are usually a fraction of the total accident cost, hence why the car being driven isn't such an issue, unless it increases the likelihood of you crashing.

#13 ·
My other half used to work for adrian flux and she said some of the schemes went on national stats so as there are very few lambos there would be very few crashes so therefore statistically there is a lot less chance of you crashing a lambo than crashing a ctr

#14 ·
Thats bang on. Not many Lambo owners will be parking them outside the house in street, nor in supermarket carparks etc and you dont tend to use them as day to day runners. Those that can afford one usually have owned/driven similar before and so statistically, insuring one Lambo is probably less of a risk than several CTR's around the country

#17 ·
What they actually do is pick the largest number they can think of that they believe you may be prepared to pay, then you pay it.

Insurance makes my blood boil, I think it can only be a matter of time before the regulatory bodies crack down and enforce new regulation. At the moment it's the energy companies in the limelight, in the past it's been banks.

Here's hoping insurance companies, solicitors and dentists are next to have the wind up em'.

#18 ·
What they actually do is pick the largest number they can think of that they believe you may be prepared to pay, then you pay it.

Insurance makes my blood boil, I think it can only be a matter of time before the regulatory bodies crack down and enforce new regulation. At the moment it's the energy companies in the limelight, in the past it's been banks.

Here's hoping insurance companies, solicitors and dentists are next to have the wind up em'.
lol, remember your earlier post over this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.