2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Electric folding mirror automatically folding in?

Automation 
7K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  blader 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Is there anyway to have the electric wing mirror automatically fold in when you take the key out of ignition? I know this happens on other cars but not the civic? I cant believe you have to press the button every time!

I dont want to break into the wiring or anythign to achieve this. I just wanna know if its a button that i am not pressing!

Cheers

Robbie

#4 ·
#6 ·
Is it that hard to press a button? I've only ever used mine once to make sure they work.

#7 ·
Not the point. I just think it would be a cool feature for the mirrors to fold in automatically, god knows vauxhall and other cars do it!!

#9 ·
I use mine all the time without fail! Anything to minimise the risk of having to fork out a few hundread quid for a new mirror is well worth it IMO. Not only when parking but quite often on narrow lanes when a meet another car/tractor, plus it adds to the spaceship effect [smilie=tongue.gif]

#10 ·
It looks cool too;)

#11 ·
I have a top tip. Ok, you can't have them turn in automatically, but if you press the button again when the engine is off, when you come to switch on again, they'll fold out automatically. Magic! (They do on the Hybrid anyway because it's like a toggle switch)

#16 ·
I find this situation pretty simple...Here's what i do...

1) Turn off the enigine
2) Get out and lock the doors... remember...
3) Unlock the doors and get back in
4) Turn on the ignition and press the mirror fold buton
5) Spend half an hour trying to look over my shoulder as to not open the door into oncoming traffic as i can't use the mirror.
6) Repeat Step 2.
Only Honda could bring us this kind of fun! ;)

#19 ·
i got mine to fold on the ignition, i fitted the box, but you end up with the same problem, ignition off mirrors fold in and you cannot see whats behind. it much better with the central locking and ive put a switch on mine so they dont have to fold in all the time if i dont want them to. it is an easy mod and as long as you follow the diagram for the wiring it all works spot on. if you can make the circuit then you can fit it.

#22 ·
yes they work as the should, but it was when i fitted the switch on the central locking wire that they worked via the ignition. now all work as they should plus i can turn the mod off it i dont need to keep folding them in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.