2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Red Honda logo

15K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  YEVLOH 
#1 ·
Does anybody know where to get a fitting red Honda logo for the 9th gen on the front like in the picture?
For the 8th gen it was easy to get (Type R logo). But since there is no type R....
And is it easy to fit?

See less See more
#7 ·
The badge on the 9G is bigger than the 8G badge so you can't fit one from the current Type R, but you can apply some vinyl behind it to get the same look. I've done it with mine using a blue to match the car colour.:cool:

You'll need to cut some thin plastic or metal though to fit the shape of the badge then apply the vinyl to that.

The badge is held on with 2 pins, if you remove the slam panel you can see the clips on the back of the pins, you need to release those and the badge will lift off.

#13 ·
Just letting you know that I am working on this. Can't find the right colour red yet.
I have now two pieces of vinyl and both of them are not the right colour. To light. There is plenty to find on the Internet, but it is hard to see what colour red it should be.
To late I remembered that when they installed the detachable trailer hitch, they had to cut out an nice piece of red plastic out of the bumper. That would have been perfect for this! [smilie=sad.gif]

Well, maybe somebody else can use this idea. See also this clip for the trailer hitch:

#19 ·
Yep, but the colours I found were not close enough.
I will keep on looking for vinyl or the right colour of spray paint. I'm not in a hurry.

The badges from Australia might be interesting, but there is no mentioning of the size and also the colour might be wrong. It will cost me about € 54 (= 44 GBP) postage included. So I will probably wait until somebody else takes the risk. [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/FONT]

#37 ·
the only issue i found was the rear one doesnt sit flush on the surface of the car, but that was easily fixed with a bit of sikaflex to fill in the gaps.
Could you explain this a little more? What kind of Sikaflex and how did you use it. Did you use it as a sort of filling glue? Because then you did not use the 3M sticking tape on the logo. Correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.