2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Competition Ice on FN2

My install 
7K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  pigdog 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I am from Singapore. This is my first thread to showcase the ICE on my Type R. It took more then 6 months for me to complete this install and for the speakers to run-in and sound right.

Equipment list:

Head Unit: Alpine 9861 (Hoping to changed to IVA202 once i get my hands on the 2-din fascia)
Processor: Alpine H701
Front Tweeter: Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000 aka Ring Radiator
Front Midrange: Scanspeak Revelator 12M/4631G00
Front Midwoofer: Dynaudio MW160
Subwoofer: Rockford Fosgate T1
Soundproofing: Dynamat extreme 2 layers on doors (8 pieces.. OMG)
RCAs: Belden
Speaker cables: Monster XLN

Tweeter & Midrange amp: Audison VRX 4.300 4 x 110 watts per channel
Midwoofer amp: Audison VRX 2.150 2 x 110 watts per channel
Subwoofer amp: Rockford Fosgate T1500BD 1000 watt @ 2 ohms

The spare tyre had been removed to make way for the massive T1 subwoofer. The boot had to take some carpentry work to showcase the 2 audison amps and to conceal the processor and Sub amp.

The tweeter and Midrange aluminium pods are customized to house the massive 4inch tweeters and 4.5inch midrange.

Some pics to share:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

TBH, I reallly don't like it, sorry :-(. Why do you have 2 head units??? Why not do what others have done and get the basic R centre console (that has no radio in it), and modify that????

ATB,
Tom

#3 ·
Hi,

In Singapore, we only have the GT model, and not having the factory radio is not an option. The local dealer wouldnt even accept orders for a replacement fascia (to take out the radio). If i have a choice... i would have dished the oem radio long ago.

Cheers,

Kelvin

#4 ·
Ahhh, I see, my apologies, it's just so many people seem to have obtained the non-radio facia I thought it was avaliable everywhere.

Perhaps Holdcroft could get you one???

ATB,
Tom

#6 ·
What a crime!!!!! What are those things on your dash?????? If you look through the internet you'll be able to find everything. WOW dude sorry but NOT NICE at all. You can get great sound without having those huge things on your dash. Try to (when modifying) be more discreet when doing things to your baby. Also don't forget your car is now a target for thieve's. When the bad boys see those ufo's on your dash they will know that you have spent quite a bit of cash to put in a stereo system. In my Type-R Nothing I mean nothing is visable, and the sound.... well lets say that it would be better to hear it for yourself. Just get those ufo's off your dash, man WOW

#10 ·
Perhaps a custom fibreglass dash housing would be appropriate to blend them in a little further??? If thats the case, he may be able to relocate the head unit etc. and to have it all fitted flush.....?????

Tom

#16 ·
I like the way you situated the head unit[smilie=coolup.gif]

#17 ·
those tweets just look way to big.
I bet they sound great. Dynaudio produce some amazing sound. I would of chosen slightly smaller Dynaudio tweeters like the system 240 for example.
Or the other option would be to make kick panel builds and play the tweeter down there. There'll be further away from your ear as well so should sound sweeter.

#19 ·
You have chosen some very impressive equipment.
Scanspeak speakers are amazing, for those who are not in the know, Scanspeak manufactor speakers for most of the high end speakers from other manufactorers.(ie Alpine SPX range made by Scanspeak. Genesis and others all use Scanspeak). Pitty the tweeters are sooo big.
Again, Italian hand made Audioson amps will sound out of this world.
Im envyous of the equipment.....shame the vehicles not ideal for the sound reprduction.
Hence you have to make builds!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.