2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

climate control 2.2 ex diesel

AC/Heater 
2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  electric 
#1 ·
is it normal for the orange re circulation light to come on each time the aircon calls for cold air when initially turned on ? if the temp is turned up it goes off.

#5 ·
No, these are Hondas not Toyotas. On a Toyota if more than one owner has the same fault then "they're all like that sir" and it becomes a normal feature.

#3 ·
Mine does this......I think it is something to do with the fact that it is then cooling already cool air as oppose to bringing in warm air and cooling it down...........not sure and definately no technophobe but thats what I think:?:

#6 ·
think you will find it's all down to the outside temp... if it's colder then the temp requested then it pumps in aitr from out side but if it's hotter it just cools down the cabin temp. It wont do it in the winter

#8 ·
Yes, it's perfectly normal. My Subaru did the same thing. When it's hot outside, the best way to cool the cabin down is to switch on the recirculation setting. It's more efficient and after a few minutes it will switch back to outside air. If it doesn't do so after let's say half an hour then it's best to switch manually otherwise the air in the car becomes "saturated" and rather unhealthy...

#9 ·
I drove for 98 miles on Sunday. The outside temp was 25C and the sun was shining into the car. The climate control was set on 20c auto.

For the entire journey auto kept the fan on high and the recirculating switch with its amber light was on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.