Windy noise on front windscreen - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2014, 08:46 Thread Starter

Windy noise on front windscreen

Hi
Can anyone help me please. I have only had my 09 2.2cdti for a couple of weeks. I noticed yesterday in windy driving that the front windscreen almost sounds windy like it was letting the wind in, the way a slightly open car window sounds. I bit More noisy around the top where the rear view mirror sits and sensors. A little slight cracking noise but I couldn't tell it that was window or dashboard ! What is it ? Why so windy is this normal ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 8th April 2014, 01:53
Supporter

Car: 2009 2.2 Type S i-CTDi Black
Eco display Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshmorgan View Post
Hi
Can anyone help me please. I have only had my 09 2.2cdti for a couple of weeks. I noticed yesterday in windy driving that the front windscreen almost sounds windy like it was letting the wind in, the way a slightly open car window sounds. I bit More noisy around the top where the rear view mirror sits and sensors. A little slight cracking noise but I couldn't tell it that was window or dashboard ! What is it ? Why so windy is this normal ?
Thanks

Hi Bshmorgan, I am sorry to hear about your windowscreen noise problem.
I am not sure if this helps much but a couple of years back I got a stone chip on the windowscreen and as always it was on the way out to the cinema. Anyway at the time thought nothing of it. To try and cut the story short....
When I left the cinema and got back to the parking space I noticed the crack had increased in size. So when I got home I organised Autoglass to come and fix the problem. When I described the problem they said I will need a new windowscreen. So Next day Autoglass appeared at my flat parking space and I have to say did a superb job in replacing the windowscreen they left my car really clean no dirt/sealent left on dash etc...
Anyway I was unable to be present but I do remember my dad telling me that when the autoglass guy removed my original cracked windowscreen he mentioned something to my dad about the sealent missing from a section at the bottom of the windowscreen which is the part going under towards the engine bay I am sorry that I can't be more specific.
I do believe that this may of been a fault on some of the fitted windowscreens from the factory on the 2.2 i-CTDI and so that may explain the extra wind noise problem you are having (Hope you are still awake after reading all that...)

Hope this helps in someway and you manage to solve your problem without spending to much money.

Pete.

Last edited by CTR-PeteLFS; 8th April 2014 at 01:58.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 8th April 2014, 13:43
Supporter

Car: CW #234
Was your roof repaired under warranty for rust by Honda? I had the same as a result of a poor fitting of the new seal.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 8th April 2014, 14:50
Supporter

Eco display Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik220 View Post
Was your roof repaired under warranty for rust by Honda? I had the same as a result of a poor fitting of the new seal.
Hi rik220, I unfortunatley have no warranty on my car now but it was nearly expired at the time of Autoglass replacing the windscreen. I don't know for sure but I think I may of been lucky because the windscreen was replaced earlier than normal so the seal at the top of the window was not effected in the same way so hopefully fingers crossed I won't see any rust.

I hope it is all sorted for you now tho and rust free and hopefully no money was involved due to you still having it under warranty?

Pete.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 8th April 2014, 20:40 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thank you for the info, I will check out the seal closely to see if I can see anything. I don't know if has ever had roof or window issues in the past. It's just a bit noisy, I have never heard that type of noise before on any car and I've had a few !

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 9th April 2014, 17:16
Supporter

Eco display Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshmorgan View Post
Thank you for the info, I will check out the seal closely to see if I can see anything. I don't know if has ever had roof or window issues in the past. It's just a bit noisy, I have never heard that type of noise before on any car and I've had a few !

No worries, I just hope you solve the problem. Goodluck and if possible post a update as I am interested to know for future reference, Thanks.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 21st October 2014, 18:41
Supporter

Car: 2009 1.4 Type S Silver
Hi CTR-PeteLFS,
Your car still has warranty for the Honda rusty roof that rik220 was talking about, they extended the warranty on this issue for another 3 years.
I bought my car just three weeks ago a 2009 1.4 typeS and to my horror found that the top of my windscreen where the front of the roof meets the windscreen at the rubber was starting to show signs of surface rust.
I took the car to the Honda dealer today and they examined and took photographs to send to Honda.
I am waiting to have a reply to have the work carried out.
This is a known factory recall and loads on this site have had it done.
Lift your rubber at the top of the windscreen to see if you are affected.
I would never have known about this if I had not joined civinfo.
Kind Regards
Supergunn.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th November 2014, 02:09
Supporter

Car: 2009 1.4 Type S Silver
Rusty roof

Hi Guys,
My car went in on the 3rd Nov and I was called on the 4th Nov to collect.
Roof repair done new seal and complete roof respray from Honda Phoenix Paisley.
My insurance company wanted 40 to insure me for courtesy car said it was additional.
Honda Phoenix charged me 5 per day total 10 and supplied a brand new Mitsubishi Mirage.
Good repair and excellent service from Honda Phoenix Paisley.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 15th January 2015, 23:00
Supporter

Car: 2008 Honda Civic Type R GT
Garage
Hi Guys. just wondering. Will a 2008 CTR still be covered for the roof problem. I noticed a slight discolouring around the top of the screen on tghe roof at the drivers side. ant get the rubber seal to peel back enough to check properly though, but it is a rust colour thats showing. Thanks
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 16th January 2015, 07:14
Supporter

Car: CW #234
You will be past the 6 year limit. I still try it if you have a dealer history.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10th April 2015, 22:39
Supporter

Car: CTR CW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik220 View Post
I had mine replaced by honda, then taken back and bonded. And still the windscreen noise is really bad. I can push on the windscreen whilst driving and this makes it worse. What did they do to sort yours?
Cheers

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > 2009 Civic (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page