Wot not i-Shift?? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th May 2009, 09:32 Thread Starter
Supporter

Wot not i-Shift??

I've been planning my next Civic. I had a play with the car configuration tool on the Honda website and the only way that I can get i-Shift is if I select a 1.4l petrol SE model.

Tell me it ain't so!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th May 2009, 09:59
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
I would steer clear and go full auto - my i-shift is a nightmare. So unpredictable.

I'm wondering whether there was another update since last September as mine seems slightly worse since my March service.

The pause between changes seems longer than before.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th May 2009, 10:21
Supporter

I am told that the new full auto is a good drive.

I've not had any real issues with my i-Shift apart from a bit of hesitation getting into the next gear, but that was resolved on the first modification update.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th May 2009, 10:41
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,772 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
In the 5 door you can only get the i-Shift in the 1.4 VTEC (the 1.8 gets a proper automatic). The 3 door does get a 1.8 i-Shift though:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/2009-ci...road-test.html

I'd strongly recommend you drive the i-Shift before you buy it - and compare it with the normal auto.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th May 2009, 12:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for the responses. I already own a 1.8 i-Shift and I really like it. I don't find it unpredictable because I normally drive with the flappy paddles. The only time I use the automatic mode is if I'm driving in a very "relaxed" manner and when / where the computer shifts gear isn't critical.

One of my main reasons for considering upgrading to a 2009 spec car is to get the improved i-Shift, described on this forum. I was really hoping that Honda would make an i-Shift for the 2.2 TDi.

I'll look into the 3 door, but I do like the flexibility of 5 doors. If i-Shift is only available for the 1.4, that's a really retrograde step. I'll either delay replacing my car or look elsewhere. It's a real shame, I love my Civic, it's the best car I've ever owned - and I've owned a lot of cars!! Really comfortable, fun to drive, 100% reliable and completely niggle free. I was quite looking forward to an even better Civic, now it seems they probably don't make one
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th May 2009, 12:24
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,772 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Ah - didn't spot you already had one. Try the 3 door - the front doors are huge and so actually make the car not as impractical as you may imagine. They also drive a bit better and the radio sounds better too!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th May 2009, 14:41 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
Ah - didn't spot you already had one. Try the 3 door - the front doors are huge and so actually make the car not as impractical as you may imagine. They also drive a bit better and the radio sounds better too!
Thanks for the advice. I'll go and have a sit in a 3 door and see what it's like. Good point about the radio too.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 17th May 2009, 06:51
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_lickman View Post
Thanks for the responses. I already own a 1.8 i-Shift and I really like it. I don't find it unpredictable because I normally drive with the flappy paddles. The only time I use the automatic mode is if I'm driving in a very "relaxed" manner and when / where the computer shifts gear isn't critical.

One of my main reasons for considering upgrading to a 2009 spec car is to get the improved i-Shift, described on this forum. I was really hoping that Honda would make an i-Shift for the 2.2 TDi.

I'll look into the 3 door, but I do like the flexibility of 5 doors. If i-Shift is only available for the 1.4, that's a really retrograde step. I'll either delay replacing my car or look elsewhere. It's a real shame, I love my Civic, it's the best car I've ever owned - and I've owned a lot of cars!! Really comfortable, fun to drive, 100% reliable and completely niggle free. I was quite looking forward to an even better Civic, now it seems they probably don't make one
Yes - it's called full Auto

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > 2009 Civic (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page