Civic 2.2 2009 EX black - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Miked26
  • 1 Post By wanner69

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2018, 10:17 Thread Starter

Civic 2.2 2009 EX black

Hi all, possibly my first post. Been a member since purchasing the car jan 2017. The car was tinted and re-mapped immediately (Clutch slip within 2 weeks but still drivable nearly 18 months on). Thanks to this forum I have completed the how to on the the windscreen washer clogged filter fault (can't remember the author but thankyou very much). I have done my egr valve with a big thanks to immelman. I have repaired a bad diesel Fuel line with a serious leak, which I would have never attempted if it wasn't for the great guide on here. I have padded the aftermarket air filter it came with to rid that horrible exhaust blowing noise. Removed the exhaust heat shield when it started hanging off. Oil, filter and bulbs changed. Front discs and pads completed yesterday. I am by no means a mechanic or very skilled for that matter but this forum is truly great, some great idiot proof guides available 😂 thanks again guys.
Next mods - type r rear light cluster and a god damn clutch to rid that slip and stop these boy racers in the right hand lane at the lights. Any advice on which clutch would be great. I have trawled the other posts for info but a lot is now out of date.

Oh, and where do I get a Civinfo sticker to show my appreciation and be part of the clan.

Mike
Vj4sothername likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2018, 10:30
Administrator

Car: Jaguar F Type V6S
Thanked 4,051 Times in 3,478 Posts
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 15th June 2018, 23:49
Supporter

Car: Silver 2.2 EX (Type R Kit)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miked26 View Post
Hi all, possibly my first post. Been a member since purchasing the car jan 2017. The car was tinted and re-mapped immediately (Clutch slip within 2 weeks but still drivable nearly 18 months on). Thanks to this forum I have completed the how to on the the windscreen washer clogged filter fault (can't remember the author but thankyou very much). I have done my egr valve with a big thanks to immelman. I have repaired a bad diesel Fuel line with a serious leak, which I would have never attempted if it wasn't for the great guide on here. I have padded the aftermarket air filter it came with to rid that horrible exhaust blowing noise. Removed the exhaust heat shield when it started hanging off. Oil, filter and bulbs changed. Front discs and pads completed yesterday. I am by no means a mechanic or very skilled for that matter but this forum is truly great, some great idiot proof guides available 😂 thanks again guys.
Next mods - type r rear light cluster and a god damn clutch to rid that slip and stop these boy racers in the right hand lane at the lights. Any advice on which clutch would be great. I have trawled the other posts for info but a lot is now out of date.

Oh, and where do I get a Civinfo sticker to show my appreciation and be part of the clan.

Mike
Cluster is a good change, along with the indicator lights.

If you want to save a bit of money consider buying a vinyl / sticker to put on the OEM one and will save you 100.

Your niggles sound like almost everything I experienced too, quite funny!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > 2009 Civic (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page